Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 AM

509 posts, read 484,526 times

Advertisements

I played a golden oldie yesterday, Capitalism II for PC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism_II

It has a very dry interface with virtually no moving graphics, and is a very dry subject, but it still remains probably the best business simulation game ever invented. II was 2001 update by the original creator, 95% of the game is the same as the original version from 1995.

Simulation games seem to have kind of fallen by the wayside in the last decade or so, after reaching a high point of sorts in the late 90's-early 00's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 05:50 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Street Fighter 5!

Old 05-01-2017, 11:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Still getting used to where the Y and X buttons are situated. I keep getting the mixed up due to the years of experience with an Xbox controller. It's a pretty neat game so far. Now, I only wish TV mode would f'ing work so I don't have to use the dinky controller and focus on such a small screen.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:45 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
I last played Ms. Pacman this morning (Arcade)

Old 05-04-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Personally I would rate the Blood and Wine DLC as the best of the entire Witcher 3 gaming experience. That's not to say the others weren't as good. The main Witcher 3 game is probably the best game I have ever played, right up there with Fallout 3. But the Blood and Wine DLC is the standard for what DLC's should be. It's better than many other games. Starts off with a small investigation and leads to a bigger story and quest line. Many beautifully rendered landscape.
All I wanna know is how much you enjoyed the real poetry session at King Fisher in Novigrad. Also, did you got to fairytale land during the final bits of BaW?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
All I wanna know is how much you enjoyed the real poetry session at King Fisher in Novigrad. Also, did you got to fairytale land during the final bits of BaW?
It was fun, though I rushed through it.

The fairy tale land was pretty crazy and so over the top I loved it.

By the way I rented Prey today, I am returning it tomorrow.

What an annoying game, even on easy level it's hard and after dying one too many times, I had enough.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
I last played Donkey Kong

Old 05-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It was fun, though I rushed through it.

The fairy tale land was pretty crazy and so over the top I loved it.

By the way I rented Prey today, I am returning it tomorrow.

What an annoying game, even on easy level it's hard and after dying one too many times, I had enough.
I don't think I have heard of that game. Perhaps it's for a reason. I just got done with a massive bender on Breath of the Wild. I started yesterday evening and wrapped it up an hour and a half ago. I think I only had to pee 4 times. This game has me hooked the way The Witcher 3 did at the time. I still play that game as well. It'll never get old! All I know is there's no way I'm going to do the bad ending.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:52 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I don't think I have heard of that game. Perhaps it's for a reason. I just got done with a massive bender on Breath of the Wild. I started yesterday evening and wrapped it up an hour and a half ago. I think I only had to pee 4 times. This game has me hooked the way The Witcher 3 did at the time. I still play that game as well. It'll never get old! All I know is there's no way I'm going to do the bad ending.
I've played most of the major Zelda games for each nintendo system, so definitely want to play BOTW one day. But not unless the Switch comes down in price and has a more solid library of games.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I've played most of the major Zelda games for each nintendo system, so definitely want to play BOTW one day. But not unless the Switch comes down in price and has a more solid library of games.
The Switch needs a better build quality. Plus, its HDMI connection appears to have ruined all three of the HDMI ports on my TV. Now I have to go through a splitter in order to get my other consoles and cable box to work. They were working just fine prior to getting the Switch to work in TV mode. Nintendo's library isn't going to improve by much, man. You're better off waiting for pigs to grow wings and fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games