Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 09:46 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
That’s what I’ve continually heard...a buddy who’s a lifelong gamer told me it took him up to a week to kill one boss. Too much frustration for my liking...
It's not too difficult once you figure out the mechanics of each regular enemy, sub-boss, and actual boss. A save file for a character of mine is currently on NG+5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 01:33 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
For some reason I do not understand, I am content to sit and play CIV VI or V over and over again. I do not like to play to the end. Once it is clear who is winning,I simply start another game. I mostly like the beginning.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:53 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
For some reason I do not understand, I am content to sit and play CIV VI or V over and over again. I do not like to play to the end. Once it is clear who is winning,I simply start another game. I mostly like the beginning.
Same thing often happens to me. Early game is the best experience. Discovering what the land looks like, rushing to be first to settle prime spots and choke points. Fewer cities/units to manage. Relative tech/unity parity. Once you get the tech edge and can field artillery and tanks against AI musketmen, there isn't really much joy in completing it. I remember one time winning a culture victory entirely unintentionally.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:30 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQsvO1vJXQg

Old 03-20-2018, 06:34 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Same thing often happens to me. Early game is the best experience. Discovering what the land looks like, rushing to be first to settle prime spots and choke points. Fewer cities/units to manage. Relative tech/unity parity. Once you get the tech edge and can field artillery and tanks against AI musketmen, there isn't really much joy in completing it. I remember one time winning a culture victory entirely unintentionally.
That's one of the things I like about Stellaris. The mid/end game crises kick in right around the time the game might be otherwise getting stagnant. Even the mid-game crises can wipe you out, and end game often are end of game. AI is still dumb but way better than in Civ so you can actually get some interesting situations. Penalties for tech based on empire size mean you can't run away on tech as easily. For a large fleet, you have to have territory, especially in 2.0. Before it was easy to do reasonably tall builds and get resources by turning neighboring empires into tributaries to pay for your fleets. That's much harder in 2.0. Usually have to do multiple wars claim systems and turn them loose as useless single planet vassals who then get gallantly charge forward with their minuscule fleets and get pulverized which leads to war exhaustion.

The other thing is Stellaris gets lots of drastic changes both from expansions as well as the game mechanics being altered substantially. 2.0 is just a completely different game. Hopefully some of the stuff that's just bad in 2.0 will get tweaked. I love the change from hyperlane/wormhole/jump to hyperlane with natural wormholes and pre-existing gates (buildable later, but tremendously expensive and anyone who you have open borders with or are at war with can jump in to any of your gates) but things like the hyperspace registry you can build are just pathetic. You only have so many star stations you can build to put hyperspace registries on, so you'll always end up with backwaters that take ages to get to. The other thing is you need to be able to be able to create multiple planet vassals when you seize territory. And those vassals need to retain their old culture so they're not like Yaye, you just concurred us and set us up as a useless puppet state and we love you for it. It's rather dumb.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:40 PM

525 posts, read 279,328 times
The last game I played on my computer was Decision 3. On my brother's Xbox One, NBA 2K16.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Batman: Return to Arkham.

I love that series.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:21 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Finally cracked and got Divinity Original Sin 2. Loved the first one, just a couple hours into the new one so far.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:35 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Well the am2r was much more enjoyable to me than Samus Returns. My next 2 should probably be Final Fantasy XV for the PC and Far Cry 5.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
So so review of Far Cry 5

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/26/17...s4-pc-xbox-one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games