U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM

239 posts, read 986,415 times

Advertisements

My son will be turning 11 soon and has been begging me for an xbox one. We have a Wii and he plays it but it is obsolete.

He really enjoys sport games and isn't into the mortal combat etc kind of games.

Since, I know nothing about the technology-is xbox one the right gaming system or is there something better for him?

We are looking for a system he can play alone and with friends/parents. I don't know if I want him online due to his age.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:41 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,737,543 times
It sounds like the Xbox one is probably the best console for him. If you end up getting him a Wii U or something else he's not interested in, it could wind up being an expensive paperweight. A PS4 is just as capable as an Xbox one, but it sounds like the Xbox is the one he wants (possibly for the exclusive games?).

He can play alone and with friends/parents and if you don't pay for a gold membership he won't be able to play online.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,532,226 times
I'd say ask him - he probably has friends he wants to play with and if he gets an xbox and they all have ps4, he won't be able to.
Yac.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:56 AM

3,508 posts, read 3,200,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I'd say ask him - he probably has friends he wants to play with and if he gets an xbox and they all have ps4, he won't be able to.
Yac.
This.

Ask him what he wants and go from there.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:25 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,737,543 times
If he's been "begging for an xbox one" does she really need to ask?

Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 PM

12,199 posts, read 10,411,824 times
Online can be okay, depending on the game. You may just monitor his conversations and such...games like Grand Theft Auto (which you probably won't let him play) have an adult audience and the less mature can be verbally abusive to kids who are on there. XBox1 is your best option (if he's asking for that specific brand), even if it is expensive. All the new games will be coming out for it, and it should last him all through his teenage years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or