Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Dorky Kid Buy a PS3 or an XBox 360 (and why)?
PS3 67 59.29%
XBox 360 46 40.71%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM

71 posts, read 174,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameHog9 View Post
Im trying out Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. Damn difficult... but fun.
any good? graphics-wise and so forth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM

371 posts, read 1,761,452 times
Spectacular actually. Just make sure to install it lessens up the load times.

But im not kidding. It is damn difficult. You can tell SEGA doesnt have much experience in this field, i feel they kicked up the difficulty too much, too soon. I cannot for the life of me do Ch 7. Nigh impossible. Right now im looking for a guide. Ch7 is a nightmare.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:17 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Am ordering the X-Box Pro [white, 60MB] version today... hoping for the better/latest/smaller chipset [jasper].

This decision based on that have the original XBox, so quite few games will transport to the newer console. Also, as others have said, I too view the X-Box as more of a gaming machine, whereas the PS3 more of an entertainment system.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:19 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
I am still very stuck on which to get. But then I think of how much I have NOT used my original XBOX...and how much I do use my DVD player. Plus I get netflix, so I get blurays mailed to my house instead of DVD if I want...for same price. But...the problem is I don't have an HDTV in my room, but my g/fs house has a 60" DLP HDTV....decisions decisions.
Then, if I decide to use live play...do I get the XBOX with its proven history, or try PS3(since I won't be doing much online play probably)...soooo hard to decide.

I voted for PS3 though just because of certain basics like controller, looks, Bluray and will probably end up with it.

Last edited by Hungry For Cheese; 12-10-2008 at 02:32 PM..

Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM

71 posts, read 174,830 times
here's my input on it. i honestly like both systems, currently have a ps3 but often considered buying a 360 too (with the price down at 250 or so, its tempting) but i ended up with the ps3 because it very well suit my needs. i use my ps3 basically as a computer in my tv room, with it hooked up to the surround sound, tv, wi-fi, and 80gb of storage, i could do many things while just laying on my couch. usually have music in the background as i check e-mails and such, or just close everything and pop in a blu ray movie. im loving the free online play, cant get enough of call of duty 4 or resistance 2, there are leaderboards/stats/profiles/clans and all that fun stuff for free.

I like the xbox 360, the majority of my friends have them. Graphics are top notch, games are endless fun, and lan parties to your heart's content. my only catch i see is that the 360 currently is maxed out graphics-wise, it's running on full power to be more or less the same as far as the competition goes so it doesnt seem to have too much as far as a future in the long run, for now its great though. the system runs much louder, gets much warmer, and in my opinion just has that feel of not being built as much as a computer as the ps3 is. again i love the 360's pricetag, great way to take a step into the next gen of gaming if you havent before.

i think the biggest thing is, if you have the money for a ps3, then that's the way to go, otherwise a 360 will do you just fine.

hope this helps =]

Last edited by bayareaforlife; 12-10-2008 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a line

Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times
I have both the PS3 and the 360 ( lucky me lol ) So,I'll give people my insight:

PS3: Great system! Better graphics than the 360, plus internet browser ( which I use to post on this forum), Blu Ray player, Playstation Network, which is used to by old games, add ons, themes, etc One can also download music and pictures on to the system.

360: Tons of games, Xbox live, achievements, DVD player, one can also burn music cds into the hardive and save pictures from a digital camera.

Question is: Which is a better system? PS3. Better graphics, blu-ray player, internet brower, media storage for music and photos. Though which one is more fun? I'll say 360. It has better-and more-games and Xbox Live is probably the best when it comes to online gaming.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I am still very stuck on which to get. But then I think of how much I have NOT used my original XBOX...and how much I do use my DVD player. Plus I get netflix, so I get blurays mailed to my house instead of DVD if I want...for same price. But...the problem is I don't have an HDTV in my room, but my g/fs house has a 60" DLP HDTV....decisions decisions.
Then, if I decide to use live play...do I get the XBOX with its proven history, or try PS3(since I won't be doing much online play probably)...soooo hard to decide.

I voted for PS3 though just because of certain basics like controller, looks, Bluray and will probably end up with it.
I understand your point about how much you didn't use your Xbox, because it didn't have the variety that the PS2 had.

However, the 360 DOES have that variety, and in fact, the 360 has the best variety of games out of the 3.

Basically, don't look at the features, look at the games. Games are the most important factor, because when it comes down to it, you buy a gaming console for GAMES.

Let the game selection make the decision for you, and nothing else.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM

Yea, but you see I am not a big time gamer and I have a netflix account that will ship me BluRay movies...lol

Plus I'm not too fond on the 360 controller (I've played both and PS3 seemed better overall)...and I know it is loud...which is one thing I didn't mind too much about the Xbox...but IMO if PS3 can be quiet, 360 can be too. Plus I just found out there is a power brick (may make the 360 smaller, but what an odd thing to have laying around.

Probably going with PS3...someday...unless I get it for Xmas.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,973,285 times
PS3. Better yet, neither - go outside and play some sports.

G Rizzle

Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 PM

I hear ya...but what if you exercise 30-60mins a day already? Not that I do...I really don't even have time for a PS3...but let's say at 8:30pm on a Wednesday night...you can't exactly go out and get in a pickup game of hoops.

Plus if you did work out 1 hr every day...who is to say you can't spend 3 hours on the PS3?
How many people get home at 5pm and throw back a 12pack of beer from 530 until they fall asleep. We can't be productive 24/7 - sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games