Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 07:04 AM

3,938 posts, read 5,073,489 times

Advertisements

Street Fighter V's core gameplay is great for those of us who love fighting games. However, Capcom's decision to release an unfinished game may end up costing them in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 07:16 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,784,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Street Fighter V's core gameplay is great for those of us who love fighting games. However, Capcom's decision to release an unfinished game may end up costing them in the long run.
I don't think so. The people that enjoy it are obviously playing it, and the people that didn't care for it likely already bought it. While I'm sure they're out there, I don't know anybody who is/was a fan of the Street Fighter series that ISN'T buying the game simply because of an "unfinished" reputation.

As for the people who don't enjoy it? They already have our money, so it's not hurting them TOO much

Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,633,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I don't think so. The people that enjoy it are obviously playing it, and the people that didn't care for it likely already bought it. While I'm sure they're out there, I don't know anybody who is/was a fan of the Street Fighter series that ISN'T buying the game simply because of an "unfinished" reputation.

As for the people who don't enjoy it? They already have our money, so it's not hurting them TOO much
Capcom has made a lot of bad choices and it resulted in the game unfinished. The only thing that keeping Capcom afloat is the Monster Hunter series. They ruined Resident Evil franchise, allowed Ninja Theory to botch the Devil May Cry reboot, they left Mega Man to die, they re-release games and lock content on disc.

For those who bought Street Fighter V and enjoying it, good for them but Capcom has a lot of ground to cover. This isn't a good start for them.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:25 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,175,962 times
Quote:
If you don't agree with it, it must not exist. Some people are better equipped to handle differences in opinion without getting defensive.
You're the only one who got defensive. You couldn't explain what your problem is with the game. I made an observation.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You're the only one who got defensive. You couldn't explain what your problem is with the game. I made an observation.
I made several observations, one of which you took issue with. Then you've spent several posts trying to convince someone to change an opinion, which is hilarious.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Capcom has made a lot of bad choices and it resulted in the game unfinished. The only thing that keeping Capcom afloat is the Monster Hunter series. They ruined Resident Evil franchise, allowed Ninja Theory to botch the Devil May Cry reboot, they left Mega Man to die, they re-release games and lock content on disc.

For those who bought Street Fighter V and enjoying it, good for them but Capcom has a lot of ground to cover. This isn't a good start for them.
I can't speak for Capcom as a whole, but it's not like people aren't buying SF5. Maybe sales will dip slightly, but the company itself isn't at risk.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:24 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,175,962 times
Quote:
I made several observations, one of which you took issue with. Then you've spent several posts trying to convince someone to change an opinion, which is hilarious.
I was trying to understand what your issue is, which still makes no sense. And I stand by what I said. If you can't even explain what your problem is then it's probably imaginary.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
I was trying to understand what your issue is, which still makes no sense. And I stand by what I said. If you can't even explain what your problem is then it's probably imaginary.
You must have missed my earlier posts then. They're at the beginning of the thread if you feel obligated to try and correct opinions again.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:58 PM

3,938 posts, read 5,073,489 times
I'm loving Street Fighter V even more now that my Hori Fighting Commander pad finally got here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2wQDhfEMo

Old 03-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I'm loving Street Fighter V even more now that my Hori Fighting Commander pad finally got here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2wQDhfEMo
I'm kinda wishing I got one, myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games