Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:26 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

I decided to purchase this game on a lark since I'm completely finished with FO4 and needed something else to play.

I didn't know what to expect, just that the game had decent reviews, and I enjoyed the first two games in the series.

I am having a blast so far, this game is so fun in many ways. I laughed at the clever dialogue, enjoyed the banter between the characters, and loved the vast scope of going from gorgeous locale to gorgeous locale in search of a fabled treasure.

Graphics are unparalleled. Sometimes I paused and looked around to take in the beautiful scenery. The gameplay is awesome. I wish this game would never end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRPQiwhwhc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 04:25 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
It's a good story and the gameplay is a lot of fun. I tried the multiplayer but felt lost in it....might try again later.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
I finished all the previous parts, loved the game. Can't wait until I get my hands on this one, though I'm in no hurry (especially since I have to borrow a ps4 as I don't own one).
I have a question though. From what I saw in the reviews and gameplay videos, it seems the game is this time a lot less combat focused, there is more Tomb Raider style climbing, swinging and whatnot. is that the case, or am I deceived by the fragments of gameplay youtubers decided to show ?
Because quite frankly, gunplay mechanics before were.. well, adequate, but nothing to write home about. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the last 2 Tomb Raider games that seemed a bit more exploration focused.
Yac.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:43 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Heard great things.

I'll be picking this up shortly once I finish FO4 and am bored with Black Ops 3. Might get back into Battlefield 4 too to build up for Battlefield 1.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:28 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
I'll get around to this eventually but I'm not eager to play it. It's the same game as the previous games. Go climb up some color-marked platform and then go shoot up some bad guys and their limited A.I. or go sneak around them, (yes because stealth segments is so much fun in video games) and terrible shooting. This isn't a game people will remember 5 years from today. How many of you actually remember what happened in Uncharted 1?

I saw how bad Resident Evil 6 was before I played it and my observation was spot on when I finally got around to it. Despite the game being so awful, I finished all four campaigns at least once. The same goes to the new Tomb Raider reboot. I knew it was crap but I bought it and beat it anyway to verify that I was right. I don't need to play a game to know how bad it is.

I can say a game is crap but I will still get around to playing it in a future time to later confirm my suspicions. I think Uncharted 4 is a bad game that uses great presentation and visuals to hide how dull it really is.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
This isn't a game people will remember 5 years from today. How many of you actually remember what happened in Uncharted 1?
I do, I do
Fighting those quick paced zombie things in the dark German base toward the end of the game spooked the heck out of me. I love that game. I'm pretty sure The Last Of Us pulled some ideas from that chapter in the game.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:54 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I finished all the previous parts, loved the game. Can't wait until I get my hands on this one, though I'm in no hurry (especially since I have to borrow a ps4 as I don't own one).
I have a question though. From what I saw in the reviews and gameplay videos, it seems the game is this time a lot less combat focused, there is more Tomb Raider style climbing, swinging and whatnot. is that the case, or am I deceived by the fragments of gameplay youtubers decided to show ?
Because quite frankly, gunplay mechanics before were.. well, adequate, but nothing to write home about. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the last 2 Tomb Raider games that seemed a bit more exploration focused.
Yac.
Yes, it's very puzzle-heavy which drove me crazy at first but I really enjoyed by the end. The logic:combat ratio is probably 3:1 at least. And the final "boss battle" uses more logic than combat mechanics also. I think you'll quite enjoy the game.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Great!
Now all I need is to borrow a ps4 But I somehow managed with previous titles in the series, so I'm confident it will happen.
Yac.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:26 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Yes, there is indeed a lot of gameplay involving having to find your way through the levels (or should I say up and across). You'll have to climb, jump, rope your way across a lot of mountains and buildings. That might not be something many people like.

But like I said, the mechanics were so smooth that it didn't bother me at all. Only a few spots I couldn't figure out where to go.

I didn't like the combat system much at all, it was a pain having to go behind cover and shoot the enemies on target. There are a few levels towards the end where I kept dying because I never got the hang of shooting. But at least there was an auto aim feature, which previous versions did not have.

But the graphics and the storyline were top notch and kept me engrossed. They put a lot of thought into the dialogue between the various characters.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:27 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's a good story and the gameplay is a lot of fun. I tried the multiplayer but felt lost in it....might try again later.
I am totally addicted to the multiplayer right now. I had actually NEVER played any multiplayer before. Play the trials (you and bots) to feel better about how things work and then jump in. I was having terrible scores at first and dying all the time. I was lucky to get a score of 250 in a match. Now I'm averaging 1200 score and had a high of 2940!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games