Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:24 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,742,568 times

Advertisements

Skyrim for the PS4/Xbox one is coming out on October 28th. I am creating a separate thread for those platforms so things won't be a mess and look like World War 3.

Now I can finally get rid of my PS3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 02:11 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,984,219 times
I haven't read about this. Is there any additional content or anything new within Skyrim? If not, why bother?

Old 08-29-2016, 02:35 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,269,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I haven't read about this. Is there any additional content or anything new within Skyrim? If not, why bother?
New coat of paint (upgraded graphics), mod support for XBone (but as PS4 has yet to permit mods on Fallout 4, this may be moot for PS4 owners given F4 is running an upgraded Creation Engine), all released DLC, and of course as it's a new SKU you can unlock the same achievements/trophies for this SKU.

Whether it's worth it or not is entirely down to your choice, although for PS4 I wouldn't bother until it's confirmed 100% that mods will work, because I don't know what the issue is with Bethesda and PS4 Mods for FO4, but whatever the issue is is almost certainly going to hit the Skyrim re-release.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:56 PM

4,557 posts, read 5,404,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Skyrim for the PS4/Xbox one is coming out on October 28th. I am creating a separate thread for those platforms so things won't be a mess and look like World War 3.

Now I can finally get rid of my PS3
Skyrim is just an amazing game. Here we are 5 years after its release and still excited about it. Heck, I still play it almost daily. But I am on PC and have couple of hundred mods installed.

The fact that they are releasing an "upgraded' version for current gen consoles is a good reason to upgrade. I still have my old Xbox 360 that I havent gotten rid of because I still play a LOT of Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. If/when they port it to the current gen systems, I'll get rid of the 360 and upgrade. Skyrim is the only other game I would have considered upgrading for.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:14 AM

539 posts, read 565,846 times
Not worth it to me. If it's their way of officially pushing out previous consoles, I already have a ps4(cant believe they're already thinking about coming out with a 4.5 or whatever) and have 2 decent laptops. If I wanted better graphics I would purchase the newest graphics card or I'm sure by now even more mods have come out for smoother play.
Now, if they made a elder scrolls package for the ps4? All games remastered? Sign me up!

Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 AM

68 posts, read 105,245 times
Even if the PS4 version doesn't allow mods, it is most definitely a must-have for Sony fanboys.

Remember, PS owners never truly experienced Skyrim because the game was buggy and unplayable on the PS3.

I did everything that Bethesda recommended to reduce the bugginess on the PS3: i disabled the auto-save feature, I had plenty of hard-drive space, and I have never been a "hoarder" in ANY video game. On the contrary, I never "auto-loot" and I am stingy when it comes to managing inventory. And the game STILL froze on me around level 30, and was unplayable thereafter.

If the remastered version eliminates most of the bugs and lags, it is worth it.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:55 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,269,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodozer View Post
Even if the PS4 version doesn't allow mods, it is most definitely a must-have for Sony fanboys.

Remember, PS owners never truly experienced Skyrim because the game was buggy and unplayable on the PS3.

I did everything that Bethesda recommended to reduce the bugginess on the PS3: i disabled the auto-save feature, I had plenty of hard-drive space, and I have never been a "hoarder" in ANY video game. On the contrary, I never "auto-loot" and I am stingy when it comes to managing inventory. And the game STILL froze on me around level 30, and was unplayable thereafter.

If in 5 years someone hasn't been motivated enough to play Skyrim on any other platform, I can't see them being motivated to shell out for it on PS4. Maybe when it's added to the PSN freebies.

Bethesda confirmed Fallout 4 and Skyrim will be mod less in perpetuity.
Fallout 4 and Skyrim aren

Old 09-12-2016, 05:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,637,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodozer View Post

Dark Souls filled in the void for an average Skyrim game. The Xbox 360 version froze at times as well. There were two quests that I couldn't complete due to a bug. One involved some get together and another involved grabbing a item in a house that was no longer accessible because it was destroyed.

Certain quests gave people vague descriptions as to how to complete them. I didn't like how none of your decisions matter. You can be a Brotherhood and a Companion but not one or the other. The main quest was unsatisfying. A dragon appearing every 20 minutes got old fast. There is very little strategy involved in combat.

Bethesda spend all of their resources towards making a pretty world, they forget that people still have to play the game.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:55 PM

35,045 posts, read 31,233,730 times
One thing to remember if you're on the fence is that there are some $299.99 500GB Xbox One S Bundles. You get the 4K capabilities and I got the Halo bundle. Helps if you're on a budget and/or on the fence.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:43 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,742,568 times
In the Hearthfire add-on, what do you think is the most dangerous homestead to build your house on?

I've spent a lot of time on the one next to a lake and the one close to Whiterun. Almost every time I travel to the one next to the lake, I get attacked by bandits, wild animals or giants (I even have no livestock). I've never had attacks from my house close to Whiterun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games