Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 07:36 PM

822 posts, read 2,202,695 times

Advertisements

Hello all my fellow CD peeps.

I hope today is going well for you all.

Now that FO4 has all of it's add on's completed I have a question I'm hoping some of you can help me with.

I am curious what all jobs are available for settlers.

So far these are the jobs that I know you can give settlers.

What other jobs besides these are there available for settlers?

Defense post
Shop keeper / Doctor
Artillery person
Supply Route / Provisioner
Junk Collector
Crops / Food

Are there any other positions to assign them too?
Thank you for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
I think you can assign settlers to these goods producing installations (don't wan't to use the word factory) that were added in one of the DLCs, but in the vanilla game - that's it.
And I agree with the underlying notion I sense, this whole settlements and settlers system, while very fun, is ultimately just a ton of wasted potential, as it is absolutely pointless.
Yac.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:00 AM

Thank you for the info. Yes I was hoping there were more jobs to assign them, but I'll have to explore the DLC and see if I can find some more.

It would be an interesting mod if there was one that gave new settler assignments. I'm not sure what jobs I'd give them, but I'm sure I'll have some ideas later.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:11 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
I made a request several weeks ago looking for a mod like this at the fallout/mods subreddit, asking whether such a thing existed. I was looking for a mod that would add schools, hospitals etc, so that establishing these settlements would actually have an impact on the wasteland and would add a point to it all. Sadly from what I'm told, no mod like this exists and no one is planning to do one ...
Wasted potential.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:49 AM

That's a bummer b/c it sounds very interesting and it would almost give a good overhaul side quest in that after you choose a faction to end the game, you still have to help the wasteland progress forward. Very good idea you have there.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 AM

539 posts, read 566,736 times
Yeah, the settler posts sucks. Once I found out "that was it" I stopped building them up and just made Homeplate into a cool pad, made the warehouse part a whole bar with drinks and lights and a pool table WITH ALL THE BALLS(then the balls sunk into the pool table and i threw my controller), and made Sanctuary my companion drop.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:00 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Yep. I must've spent 15-20 hours on Sanctuary alone....then realized how insignificant they are. Each settlement might get attacked once every 30 hours of play time. The concept was cool, but outside of having to drop what you're doing and fast travel to defend them, settlements are pretty useless.

When I first saw the FO4 trailer last summer, I was blown away by the settlement design aspect of the game. But after a few days I was bored.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Yeah, to me settlements seemed like a really cool idea someone had way back in the early conceptual phase of the game. Then part way through development before it was actually implemented they looked at it and said this is going to take forever to do right, slapped some lipstick on a turd and called it done.

In the (later) survival mode, they did have a point again although still limited. Mostly it just helped to have some water pumps and trade lines and farming as stim packs and radaway were hell, plus no fast travel so having a supply so you didn't have to walk all the way across the world over, and over, and over, and over again was useful. Then again, you had to be pretty sadistic to really play on survival mode given how there's not really any replay value. I never got through a survival replay before just getting bogged down. I mean, overall it's about 10000% as good as vanilla Fallout tempered by it being 100000000% as tedious. I pretty much new Fallout was going to be ridiculously easy when I waltzed in at like level 4 with crappy gear and slapped a death claw around in Concord like it was a stuffed bunny.

Last edited by Malloric; 09-12-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 09-15-2016, 03:24 PM

I recently bought a couple of the workshop add-ons and it has given me some new stuff to mess w/ for a few days. I was building a brahmin herd in Sanctuary b/c they produce the fertilizer I need to makes lots of Jet, and Jet sells for a lot of money and weighs nothing. Had my first multiple deathclaw attack and one got some of my brahmin. That part of the add-ons has been fun, but still as stated before, I need more assignments for settlers as there aren't that many jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games