Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The first game I played was Blood and Truth and it blew me away as to how good VR can be. It just never gets old being able to look up, down, and all around you, that sense of immersion is unreal.

When it first came out a few years ago I was like meh, who cares about VR, it seemed like one of those very fringe things where you had to have a very expensive and huge set up just to experience it. Kinda like having a platform treadmill type where you can walk around and things like that. I never thought that one could have such an amazing and immersive experience simply with a head visor and wireless controllers. Technology sure has come along from the days of the Wii.

My only issue now is that after a week I still get nauseous from time to time. I was hoping by now I'd get used to it but not yet.
I'm one of the lucky ones I guess - I've never had a problem with VR induced nausea unless I am doing roles in the VR airplane game "Ultrawing" (which would probably happen in real life as well). The usual suggestions is, again, you get your VR legs with time, some longer than others. Other suggestions is to take ginger or blow a fan at your face. Don't give up.

I've heard good things about "Blood and Truth", that's on my purchase list for sure.
Other good games are Resident Evil (the first and probably still the best game I played in PSVR, and it will freak you out at times), Dirt Rally if you like racing games, Farpoint if you like shooting games and get the AIM controller, Doom VFR (I played that with the AIM controller as well), Wipeout (tons of content here), The Persistance, Until Dawn (plays on tracks but really fun). They also have BorderLands 2 which is open world. I played it before on flatscreen so I am opting out of the VR version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 11:23 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones I guess - I've never had a problem with VR induced nausea unless I am doing roles in the VR airplane game "Ultrawing" (which would probably happen in real life as well). The usual suggestions is, again, you get your VR legs with time, some longer than others. Other suggestions is to take ginger or blow a fan at your face. Don't give up.

I've heard good things about "Blood and Truth", that's on my purchase list for sure.
Other good games are Resident Evil (the first and probably still the best game I played in PSVR, and it will freak you out at times), Dirt Rally if you like racing games, Farpoint if you like shooting games and get the AIM controller, Doom VFR (I played that with the AIM controller as well), Wipeout (tons of content here), The Persistance, Until Dawn (plays on tracks but really fun). They also have BorderLands 2 which is open world. I played it before on flatscreen so I am opting out of the VR version.
I remember reading a while ago that ginger helped people with motion sickness on boats. I did buy some ginger candy a few days ago and it seems to help a lot (if I don't eat anything else).

I've heard good things about the Until Dawn rail shooter also and might get that. I played RE7 already but not sure I want to do that in VR. Definitely getting Skyrim.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:03 AM

Introducing the next generation of VR on PlayStation

Next-gen VR on PS5: the new controller

Could be incredible on a powerful system like the PS5, but not sure I'd want to take the plunge again. VR is amazing, but it just keeps making me sick and I never did get used to it on the PS4 (ended up selling my VR unit).

Old 07-31-2022, 10:45 PM

Time sure flies, supposedly coming out this year, and the specs look incredible.

PlayStation VR 2: Everything We Know So Far About the PS5's Biggest Accessory

PlayStation VR2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games