Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:46 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,187,818 times

Advertisements

Monster Hunter World

It's bland, boring, load screens are far too common and long, online participation is almost nil, and the menus feel clunky as crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 10:12 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Skyrim...
The opening scene when I first played it literally had my heart racing, I loved that feeling as if I were actually there. Mods made the game look insanely good, and added a bunch of content. I couldn't peel myself away from the game until I forced myself to play something else. I like to replay it every now and then, but the Thief is still one of my most favorite characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
GTA V by a long shot.
Hmmmm, I've found the story and online multiplayer extremely fun. I've always created or joined private rooms for the buds I've found in the rare moments that I went in a public game. They're still my good friends and we chat every now and then.. Hopefully I'll get the Xbox One again some day.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Who didn't end up with the overpowered stealth archer? Shoot someone in the face point blank range..."is someone there?"

Agreed on GTA V. I played it for about an hour and never again.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Who didn't end up with the overpowered stealth archer? Shoot someone in the face point blank range..."is someone there?"

Agreed on GTA V. I played it for about an hour and never again.
I took an arrow in the knee....

Old 02-03-2018, 12:40 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,122,453 times
Armored Warfare.

It is everything World of Tanks should have been, but they subdivided the game into too many modes (PVP, PVP another way, playing against the computer [PVE]...) which subdivided the player base too small to make matchmaking work. What ends up happening is you can only play PVE because there aren't enough people playing the other game modes, and playing against the computer definitely limits what should be a multiplayer game...

I have hope that one day it will have enough of a critical mass of players to play the game as it should be played, I just don't know if that will really happen or how long that will take.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
GTA V. Weak singleplayer, company milking the online for profits. Won't buy their stuff again. I did play skyrim through but have no intention to play it ever again. I pirated the witcher 3 but like someone else said when I saw how convoluted the controls were I gave up after an hour and have no desire to play it again, so I won't be buying it.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:03 PM

52 posts, read 37,060 times
Doom 3. Jump scares mostly.
Clear out a room of bad guys, movin on, then a flash of light, and there is Satan with a rocket launcher. Who is is arms dealer? How do you get a gig like that?

Xoom UFO defense. Everyone says great game. Maybe I just don’t like turn based games.

System Shock, the original. Boring. System Shock 2 was much better.

Half life, couldn’t get into it. Preferred Dead Space. The first one.

Silent Service 5. Terrible gameplay. Silent Service 4 was much better, great interface and missions.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:43 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,006,712 times
Mafia 3.

Don't get me wrong, Mafia 2 was a spectacular game. Mafia 3 I had a ton of hopes for because finally, the Marcello Crime Family's reign over 1960's New Orleans was getting a fictionalized portrayal. Yes, I know in the game, race issues were unavoidable.

But it was rushed to release, it was buggy and all around just vanilla and repetitive to play.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:04 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,490,750 times
I can think of three from the past few years, Fallout 4, Final Fantasy XV and Mass Effect Andromeda. None of them were technically bad games, and I did enjoy them on some level, but they didn’t live up to the hype.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:23 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,858,543 times
The Witcher 3 - it's probably a good game, but I couldn't get into it despite so many others loving the game. I also played it a few years after release, so it felt dated.

Last of Us 2 - such a shame because the first one was fantastic. The 2nd though, became so monotonous & was about 12 hours too long. Still can't figure out why they have you play as the other character for as long as they did. It killed the game.

Uncharted 4 - I loved the 1st 3, but like TLOU2, I thought it was about 12 hours too long. The car winch stuff, & other things they added killed the momentum.

Assassins Creed Origins - OK, maybe I didn't have high hopes after III was so bad. But Black Flag was good, & Syndicate was really good. Origins killed everything that was at the heart & soul of Assassins Creed & made a non stealth, bloated mess. Now I can't bring myself to play Odyssey or the new English one just released.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games