Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 08:10 PM

14,643 posts, read 14,541,664 times

Advertisements

Since we seemed to overtake the other thread with FC5 talk, mightas well create a separate topic for it.

I purchased for the PS4 and only played about 30 minutes so far, but the controls feel good, the shooting mechanics also feel right, and the graphics are amazing. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet (which was a big selling point for the game), but I likely will try it out early before finishing the campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 12:01 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,177,248 times
I want to get it, but don't have time to play it at the moment.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:48 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,175,792 times
I'm on the fence about it. I'm afraid of the core gameplay mechanics being the same as the previous games, making it more like a reskin of 3 and/or 4.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:23 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I'm on the fence about it. I'm afraid of the core gameplay mechanics being the same as the previous games, making it more like a reskin of 3 and/or 4.
While I wouldn't call the game revolutionary by any means, it does get rid of a couple Far Cry staples that have become synonymous with the franchise in the past. Gone are the radio towers, the linear narrative, the fixed protagonist...

Instead you create your own character, tackle regions in any order you like and have a range of activities to choose from to build up a repo in each area.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 AM

14,643 posts, read 14,541,664 times
It seems to be a pretty large open world experience so far, and the fighting mechanics feel right. Only issue so far is a glitch where I can’t drive forward in vehicles, only backward. Seems to be a common problem by reading the Ubisoft forums. The arcade mode looks like a lot of fun and hope to try it soon.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:11 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,883,721 times
Meh I'll wait for it to go on sale. I'm waiting on that God War!

Old 04-03-2018, 06:05 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,874,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
JMO after playing it a few days, it is nothing like the prior Far Cry games, certainly not a replay!

Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,702,183 times
How's the performance ? I read somewhere the game runs "just as good as fc3, fc4 and fc: primal did" , at least considering resolutions lower than 4k Sounds a bit too good to be true, but it is the same engine right ?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:51 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,245,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
How's the performance ? I read somewhere the game runs "just as good as fc3, fc4 and fc: primal did" , at least considering resolutions lower than 4k Sounds a bit too good to be true, but it is the same engine right ?
Yeah its the Dunia engine (Modified Crytek) probably with a whole lot of twiddling from FC4 and Primal. Runs like butter on a Project Scorpio at 4k HDR.

I enjoyed it, but found it a little short in comparison to FC4 (not sure the person saying it's less linear than FC4 since 4 was open world and you could do things in any order) took me
32 hours 32 minutes (as reported by the FC5 servers) play time to get all collectables, primary, secondary missions, strongholds, and hunting/fishing challenges but around 4 (though not record catches, have 3 of those remaining).

Old 04-05-2018, 12:19 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,702,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yeah its the Dunia engine (Modified Crytek) probably with a whole lot of twiddling from FC4 and Primal. Runs like butter on a Project Scorpio at 4k HDR.

I enjoyed it, but found it a little short in comparison to FC4 (not sure the person saying it's less linear than FC4 since 4 was open world and you could do things in any order) took me
32 hours 32 minutes (as reported by the FC5 servers) play time to get all collectables, primary, secondary missions, strongholds, and hunting/fishing challenges but around 4 (though not record catches, have 3 of those remaining).
Does that mean there are no "kill 100 pigeons" or "find 100 letters" task ? That would be an actual improvement as far as game design is concerned, many ubisoft titles (like most AC games) have these pointless tasks that require 5 minutes of work from a lazy programmer and require hours of pointless running around to find them. It's a way to make a game seem "longer" ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games