Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 03:05 PM

77 posts, read 51,752 times

Advertisements

I recently started playing Witcher 3, and while the beginning of the game was not as exciting, it became amazing as it progressed. Given that this is the same company that made the Witcher series, I'm very excited for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 06:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,170,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST29 View Post
I recently started playing Witcher 3, and while the beginning of the game was not as exciting, it became amazing as it progressed. Given that this is the same company that made the Witcher series, I'm very excited for it.
Take in everything when you finally get to Skellige: the zone's music, scenery, culture, everything. Just wander around and see the sights. There's a small island that is only reachable by boat. On that island is an extremely powerful monster.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:23 AM

29,422 posts, read 22,323,817 times
Ugh

Cyberpunk 2077 release pushed back to September 17, 2020

Old 01-18-2020, 10:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,170,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'd rather play a finished game than an unfinished one. I'll leave the half-assery to the likes of EA, Activision, 2K, Bethesda, and Ubisoft.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:36 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,234,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I'd rather play a finished game than an unfinished one. I'll leave the half-assery to the likes of EA, Activision, 2K, Bethesda, and Ubisoft.
Yet, it still took CDPR 6 months post release to clear game breaking bugs out of Witcher 3.... that was after a postponement from Q3 2014 to Feb 2015, then a delay to May 2015.

Cyberpunk is just following the same routine. So don't expect much difference between it and EA, Activision, 2K, Bethesda, or Ubi.

Just sayin'...

Old 01-18-2020, 09:55 PM

34,821 posts, read 30,885,993 times
I have no idea about the Cyberpunk board game or whatever this is based off of, but it doesn't seem to have the strong backstory that Witcher did.

To me, Witcher 3 is up there with the top Final Fantasies and Xenogears. Witcher 3 and TLOU are probably the best games of this decade for me.

Old 01-19-2020, 01:25 AM

14,636 posts, read 14,505,817 times
This is probably the only new game I'll buy for the year; disappointed it is delayed but that only means the final product will be even more amazing. It could be the last truly great release for this generation of consoles....

Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,442,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yet, it still took CDPR 6 months post release to clear game breaking bugs out of Witcher 3.... that was after a postponement from Q3 2014 to Feb 2015, then a delay to May 2015.

Cyberpunk is just following the same routine. So don't expect much difference between it and EA, Activision, 2K, Bethesda, or Ubi.

Just sayin'...
When Blood and Wine came out, I got a major bug that prevented Geralt from targeting enemies. It only got fixed after I had already beaten the DLC.

I expect certain bugs to be squashed, while others are only going to be discovered post launch.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:00 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,234,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
When Blood and Wine came out, I got a major bug that prevented Geralt from targeting enemies. It only got fixed after I had already beaten the DLC.

I expect certain bugs to be squashed, while others are only going to be discovered post launch.
Could you still hit them?

I find in W3 in mob fights the targeting is more a hindrance anyway.

That's not a game breaking bug though, as you said it was fixed after you finished the DLC. Game breaking would mean you couldn't finish the DLC.

Sure we all expect that high severity bugs should be fixed, however my point was that CDPR isn't any cleaner than any other game developer or publisher. They had well known game breakers for 6 whole months after release. It's almost like they're charmed, when EA, or Activision or UBI release a hot mess (and W3 was until August 2015) they're doused in gasoline and set on fire, if they give game owners free content it's just because they know they done messed up and it's a payout.

All games release with bugs, because almost every game has almost infinite execution paths from the users playthrough.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:22 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,442,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Could you still hit them?

I find in W3 in mob fights the targeting is more a hindrance anyway.

That's not a game breaking bug though, as you said it was fixed after you finished the DLC. Game breaking would mean you couldn't finish the DLC.

Sure we all expect that high severity bugs should be fixed, however my point was that CDPR isn't any cleaner than any other game developer or publisher. They had well known game breakers for 6 whole months after release. It's almost like they're charmed, when EA, or Activision or UBI release a hot mess (and W3 was until August 2015) they're doused in gasoline and set on fire, if they give game owners free content it's just because they know they done messed up and it's a payout.

All games release with bugs, because almost every game has almost infinite execution paths from the users playthrough.
Yeah, I was still able to hit them, but it became problematic when there was a mob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games