Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2022, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 625 times

Advertisements

Hello,
The progress of Artificial intelligence with Virtual reality & Augmented reality is not about to stop any time soon, the future of videogames using technology looks even brighter.

I watched this video content , where it analyzed to talk about the future of gaming with the advent of Artifical Intelligence by building and developing video games, and how Augmented and Virtual Reality works to have a impact on the gaming industry

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKuVxPg4GLk[/url]

So what is the future of gaming with Virtual reality and Augmented reality ever-upgraded technology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 09:44 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Will it "get there?" Sure.

I just don't see it happening within this current console generation. I wear glasses. VR headsets aren't accommodating to people with visual issues like mine.

That's just a basic thing that needs to be worked on. Ten years from now? It'll be better, but not sure VR will be fully lifelike. It might be a generation out.

Old 07-14-2022, 03:04 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I'd say it's a decade away yet before it gets good. The resolution per eye needs to be something like 8K for it to be really good, and the graphics cards needed to power that are beyond anything we will come up with for the next 2-3 generations. Maybe 2030 or so... 2025 for those willing to spend $10K on hardware, which I'm not.

The rich will have access first, and the technology will trickle down, as usual.

Right now video games are limited by the consoles running them, which is why I don't even think ray tracing will be that important until the next generation of consoles.

Old 07-19-2022, 01:23 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
"the video game business" is about bigger than "the movie business", or the two are morphing into each other, depending on which industry news you read.

I'm sure they'll get there, but not anytime soon.

Suprized people think in terms of "consoles", you get 10x the experience on full-tower PC. But I watched a detailed demo of a $10,000 system running a game at 4k 240 Hz display, and said "ummm thats neat... but I wouldnt pay $10K for it".

I guess the average American is willing to fork out $499 for a console, so maybe that is the benchmark for the consumer experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games