Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Console is Best for Travellers?
Sony PSP 14 63.64%
Nintendo DS 6 27.27%
Other - Please State and Explain 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:05 PM

371 posts, read 1,761,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
Resistance for the psp? i get enough of it on my ps3 and they are coming out with the second one and gears of war 2. It will be chaos.

How many DVD, HDDVD, Blurays do you have
http://www.city-data.com/forum/shopp...-vs-other.html
How many songs do you have on any portable mp3 player
What is your city/town doing to become green?

I have a PS3 too !

Yeah, check out Resistance PSP @ IGN. Its being developed by Sony . When they get behind the wheel of their systems, you know its good

Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameHog9 View Post
What I meant to say is that DS games dont really catch my attention. Some arent even 3D. The only ones that caught my eye was Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, I found the rest to be boring (Nintendogs? BRAIN AGE!?!?)
This portion tells me you haven't laid eyes on anything DS has to offer since like two years ago.

IGN: Metal Slug 7
IGN: Grid
IGN: Final Fantasy IV

There are loads others. Then of course, if all you care about is FPSs and hardcore action games, yes, you'll be disappointed.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
dude, are you really this dense are you just not reading anything here at all? the point Kuharai was making is that the OP MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A LAPTOP W/ THEM!!! w/o a laptop, they will not be able to sync, charge (unless they get additional AC adapters and suitable converters for foreign outlets), or download anything. the OP will be stuck w/ the same stuff on the Touch for the entire trip!!

you're turning a simple thread into some Apple v. Zune/iPod Touch v. DS & PSP/Console game systems v. portable systems debacle when these things are IRRELEVANT to the issue at hand!
And the PSP is region-free to boot. You can buy a UMD from anywhere and it will work. Forgot about that.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM

371 posts, read 1,761,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
This portion tells me you haven't laid eyes on anything DS has to offer since like two years ago.

IGN: Metal Slug 7
IGN: Grid
IGN: Final Fantasy IV

There are loads others. Then of course, if all you care about is FPSs and hardcore action games, yes, you'll be disappointed.
Yes, I have taken a look every now and then, I was disappointed. It offers very little originality in the FF department, most of it is remakes.

And your speculation about me is correct.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Its wifi, you can buy songs on the go with the itunes music store,but not videos, you can also get apps too. What are you talking about get and decide all of the things u want before you go on your trip and i doubt it will matter if you have the same thing with 32gb and movies being 1-2gb. Im not turning this into anything i just hate when people dont get their facts straight and that makes something being described really different from what it really is
*sigh* what part of "traveling around the world" didn't you get? I sincerely doubt that every locale the OP is going to is going to have wi-fi available, let alone free wi-fi. why won't you concede that an iPod Touch WILL NOT suit the OP's needs? especially since the OP made it clear in his 2nd reply that the Touch is too expensive and won't be covered by the store credit he has, so this inane argument is a moot point. before you accuse people here of "not getting their facts straight", maybe you should, you know, READ the posts in the thread, esp. the OP's posts, before taking a thread off topic w/ something that is neither going to help the OP or is something the OP even wants

can we PLEASE go back to the DS v. PSP discussion, unless there's some other system that actually meets the OP's requirements?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,697 times
Quote:
*sigh* what part of "traveling around the world" didn't you get? I sincerely doubt that every locale the OP is going to is going to have wi-fi available, let alone free wi-fi. why won't you concede that an iPod Touch WILL NOT suit the OP's needs? especially since the OP made it clear in his 2nd reply that the Touch is too expensive and won't be covered by the store credit he has, so this inane argument is a moot point. before you accuse people here of "not getting their facts straight", maybe you should, you know, READ the posts in the thread, esp. the OP's posts, before taking a thread off topic w/ something that is neither going to help the OP or is something the OP even wants

can we PLEASE go back to the DS v. PSP discussion, unless there's some other system that actually meets the OP's requirements?
The OP never specifically said where they are going and apple sells ipod touches across the world so wouldnt you think alot of people have wireless routers. oh yeah free wifi , what makes you think businesses and stores only have wireless routers. alot of people have personal routers that are sometimes lock and sometimes are not lock. Basically they can use wifi in major destinations and in minor they can use the other functions.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-08-2008 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Removed offensive remarks

Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
umm, using someone's private network, even if it is unlocked, it technically illegal in many places. and again, it doesn't matter since the OP doesn't want an ipod

sigh, I'm done bickering w/ you since you refuse to see any reason at all (the use of excessive smiley faces is annoying and immature)

Old 08-08-2008, 05:08 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
The OP never specifically said where they are going and apple sells ipod touches across the world so wouldnt you think alot of people have wireless routers. oh yeah free wifi , what makes you think businesses and stores only have wireless routers. alot of people have personal routers that are sometimes lock and sometimes are not lock. Basically they can use wifi in major destinations and in minor they can use the other functions.
Well, the original poster (of whom we are arguing for) has already stated:

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The Ipod touch seems pretty nice, but it's about $100 more than the other consoles and I'd have to pay actual money instead of just store credit.
So why pay money when you can basically get something for free? ((It's like being a minor child again. *cough cough*))

Quote:
umm, using someone's private network, even if it is unlocked, it technically illegal in many places.
That is very true and something to make mention of. And even if a business's wireless network is unsecure, it does not mean that you can just use it as you want. Make sure you always ask first - unless they have a sign up saying that they have free wi-fi.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 AM

371 posts, read 1,106,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Well, the original poster (of whom we are arguing for) has already stated:

So why pay money when you can basically get something for free? ((It's like being a minor child again. *cough cough*))

That is very true and something to make mention of. And even if a business's wireless network is unsecure, it does not mean that you can just use it as you want. Make sure you always ask first - unless they have a sign up saying that they have free wi-fi.
There is a ask before using button and sometimes i dont ask and i live in new york city

Old 08-09-2008, 12:11 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameHog9 View Post
Yes, I have taken a look every now and then, I was disappointed. It offers very little originality in the FF department, most of it is remakes.

And your speculation about me is correct.
Then in that case:

IGN: Moon Trailer, Videos and Movies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games