Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is or will be cooler
Halo: Combat Evolved 2 28.57%
Halo 2 2 28.57%
Halo 3 2 28.57%
Halo Wars 2 28.57%
Halo 3 Recon/ODST 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 AM

437 posts, read 925,901 times

Advertisements

Well on OXM Ensemble studios was worried that gamers might think that Halo Wars was made by Bungie not Ensemble. Well i think it's going to be awesome. what new vehicles and what new characters are there? it's all on the official Halo Wars site i know i saw but do u know?

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-21-2009 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Moved from CChat/Games Trivia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,017,939 times
Did Bungie sell the Halo franchise?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:58 PM

i do not belive so but i do know that Microsoft and Bungie split up and gave Ensemble the right to use the name "Halo"

Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 AM

371 posts, read 1,756,683 times
I love CE. 2 and 3 are good, but ODST and Wars?!? Seriously, either make 4 or just drop it. Youre turning this into a Disney trend, releasing "Cinderella 233: The step mother comes back... again" and what not

Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,128,216 times
Well.. I always try to give games a chance before I make my decision on the game. So far, Halo Wars is indeed fun.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,017,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
i do not belive so but i do know that Microsoft and Bungie split up and gave Ensemble the right to use the name "Halo"
No, actually. Bungie is still owned by Microsoft, therefore Halo is Microsoft's property. They allowed Ensemble Studios, another property of Microsoft, to make Halo Wars. And then they closed Ensemble Studios down.

That being said, I was thoroughly impressed with the Halo Wars demo, and I cannot wait for the full game.

Fun fact: Bungie originally intended Halo to be a strategy game

Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
No, actually. Bungie is still owned by Microsoft, therefore Halo is Microsoft's property. They allowed Ensemble Studios, another property of Microsoft, to make Halo Wars. And then they closed Ensemble Studios down.

That being said, I was thoroughly impressed with the Halo Wars demo, and I cannot wait for the full game.

Fun fact: Bungie originally intended Halo to be a strategy game
oh well i knew i didn't have something right lol i loved the halo wars demo on 4 more days(a place that sells video games is being opened at midnight on march 2 to sell halo wars for 1 hour i'm so getting that LCE!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:09 PM

905 posts, read 2,392,854 times
So i haven't played halo since 2 actually, then just started playing other games. Halo Wars is just another Halo to add to the franchise? Meh if it's decent maybe I'll give it a go.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,017,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
So i haven't played halo since 2 actually, then just started playing other games. Halo Wars is just another Halo to add to the franchise? Meh if it's decent maybe I'll give it a go.
Halo Wars is Halo as Bungie originally intended. Even if Bungie didn't directly make the game.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 PM

10 posts, read 17,428 times
- Halo Wars is a RST developed by Ensemble Studios, which was bought by and later shut down by Microsoft after completing this game. According the reviews, Halo Wars is one of the better console RTS games, but that's not saying much. It's a gameplay may be simple compared to PC counterparts, though I suppose it's at least playable, unlike a lot of console RTS-s. Personally, I'm not a big RTS fan anyway, so I don't really care.

- Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore- they became an independent company in 2008, however the rights of the Halo franchise are owned by Microsoft.

- Halo 3 ODST is an expansion that is basically finished by Bungie and is set to release in like September. Supposedly it's really only a 4-6 hour single-player campaign, though it'll include 3-5 new Halo 3 multiplayer maps- on top all of the maps released since '07. To me, this isn't something to get too excited about- for someone who plays H3 online frequently, I have the newer maps, and with only a "4 hour single-player" it seems they're just throwing in the multiplayer maps so they (Microsoft, not Bungie) can jack up the price close to $60. Now if the game is released at $30, then maybe I'd get it, but I doubt it. Although, Bungie can't admit this, I figured Microsoft wanted at least one more Halo-based game from Bungie, whereas Bungie has been trying to work on other projects for some time now. A shorter-expansion like game was the happy medium. Now, will Bungie be involved in making a "Halo 4"? Not sure, and from some reports, it seems unlikely- as Microsoft apparently wants H4 to be a launch title for its new console in Q3/Q4 of 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games