Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 PM

65 posts, read 125,325 times

Advertisements

Ive played the game, not good at it though. I mostly play the single player campaign mode and the Nazi zombie mode where you kill each zombie to gain a point. I rarely play the death match cause i immediately get ripped and die and im not any better at capturing the flag either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
If there's any XBL players here, maybe we could play sometime?
if you suck like me sure we can play i really want someone who really cant play so i can improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 01:20 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
Ive played the game, not good at it though. I mostly play the single player campaign mode and the Nazi zombie mode where you kill each zombie to gain a point. I rarely play the death match cause i immediately get ripped and die and im not any better at capturing the flag either

if you suck like me sure we can play i really want someone who really cant play so i can improve.
The first time you play some online matches you get your arse handed to you. That's par for the course really. But the more you play the better you get. If you start out playing in Bootcamp (sub lvl 8 players) you'll get the hang of it. What sucks is when some of the rookies invite a prestige lvl player into a match and they mop the floor with you...kinda defeats the purpose of the learning experience.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
The first time you play some online matches you get your arse handed to you. That's par for the course really. But the more you play the better you get. If you start out playing in Bootcamp (sub lvl 8 players) you'll get the hang of it. What sucks is when some of the rookies invite a prestige lvl player into a match and they mop the floor with you...kinda defeats the purpose of the learning experience.
The more i play the quicker i die but ill take your suggestion about playing in the bootcamp and im really not familiar with maps of call duty so sometimes i wonder where hell im going and lol i hate when they bring high rank player to finish us off it gets annoying thats one those reason are rarely play but i defeated a prestige player before he/she was lvl 10

Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
Aedan,
Get to know the maps. You can start a private match but not invite anyone to it and just walk around the maps until the clock runs out. Getting to know the maps can help immensely. You can know where you're going instead of wandering around until you get shot.

When you're playing other guys don't stand still....keep moving moving moving. Check your 6 for guys following you constantly. When moving across an open area...sprint! Don't walk or jog....get to cover as fast as you can.

Don't camp out for more than a few seconds at a time. Somebody will see you eventually and cap you.

Learn the controls. (This was a key for me) Learn them to the point that you don't have to think about what buttons to push to perform an action.

Learn to do all the above and you'll improve lots.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:

I actually like that zombie mode...it's a fun no-brainer type of game play.

Also, one of the best things I did to imprve(not that I'm good though) is play some hardcore matches.....I can play hardcore for 3 or 4 matches and when I go back to core I'm like a super human LOL

It just makes you better but i get USED on hardcore.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 AM

drjones69 ill try that get know the maps and stuff actually I didn't know you can play by your self lol im slow. Anyway i wanted know in clan battle if me and my clan should split up or stick together we usually play 4 vs 4?

Quote:
I actually like that zombie mode...it's a fun no-brainer type of game play.

Also, one of the best things I did to imprve(not that I'm good though) is play some hardcore matches.....I can play hardcore for 3 or 4 matches and when I go back to core I'm like a super human LOL

It just makes you better but i get USED on hardcore.
Haha I have to ask before i use that strategy how many kills you usually get

Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Haha I have to ask before i use that strategy how many kills you usually get
Depends on the game mode, map, and how 'rusty' I am....admittedly I haven't had time to play much in a while....I'm usually right around the middle....slightly above the middle....in the overall scores at the end of a death match.

It's made me a better player but I still wonder how some of those guys go entire matches with 1 or 2 deaths.....they must have a lot more time for practice than I do!

Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times
I bought it for PC as soon as it came out and took it off my PC about a month later. It ran like crap and was way too buggy in MP, even with the first 2 updates. Most people knew Treyarch was going to screw the pooch on WaW and we weren't let down. I'll just stick to Modern Warfare and look forward to Modern Warfare 2 later this year.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Depends on the game mode, map, and how 'rusty' I am....admittedly I haven't had time to play much in a while....I'm usually right around the middle....slightly above the middle....in the overall scores at the end of a death match.

It's made me a better player but I still wonder how some of those guys go entire matches with 1 or 2 deaths.....they must have a lot more time for practice than I do!
if it is on the PC, it is most certainly a cheat. My family runs a server, and run across these types of players often. I capture some punk buster screen shots and look, usually they will have walls slightly transparent, some will show you on the mini map where every player is, some go as far as to color enemy's bright colors. The guys we do catch earn a place on our perma ban list.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
if it is on the PC, it is most certainly a cheat. My family runs a server, and run across these types of players often. I capture some punk buster screen shots and look, usually they will have walls slightly transparent, some will show you on the mini map where every player is, some go as far as to color enemy's bright colors. The guys we do catch earn a place on our perma ban list.
I actually play on xbl....are cheats available for multiplayer on xbox?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games