U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-07-2009, 05:53 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,344,415 times
Default Favorite Grand Theft Auto Game?

For those of you who are fans of Grand Theft Auto games which one is your favorite? For me it is between Grand Theft Auto 4 and San Andreas. Reasons I like San Andreas were that you could modify your character, modify cars, use a jet pack, fly planes, drive trains, drive a monster trucks as well as a bunch of other things, also you could sky dive, you could work out, lastly this was the first one that allowed your character to eat. GTA 4 in my eyes took alot of steps back, but the graphics and gameplay made up for them in my opinion. I think the point was to make GTA 4 a more realistic type of world.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM

11,357 posts, read 17,201,453 times
I've only played IV a little bit. But knowing what I know about it I've still got to go with San Andreas. I liked the diversity of the map (city, countryside, deserts, woods etc.) that none of the other games had; there is so much little weird stuff to do in the game that really never gets old IMO. It's the greatest game of the PS2/XBox v.1 era bar none. And I say this as a big fan of Vice and GTA3 too.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I've only played IV a little bit. But knowing what I know about it I've still got to go with San Andreas. I liked the diversity of the map (city, countryside, deserts, woods etc.) that none of the other games had; there is so much little weird stuff to do in the game that really never gets old IMO. It's the greatest game of the PS2/XBox v.1 era bar none. And I say this as a big fan of Vice and GTA3 too.
There was defiently more diversity in the areas you got to explore in San Andreas. Exploring the cities was always my favorite thing to do while playing the game.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,722,019 times
San Andreas, no doubt. So much to do, so much ground to get to know, and such a great story. I gave up on GTA4 very early after seeing that they'd changed many of the basic controls without a really good reason, but I played every other PS2 GTA game since 3 to 100% several times and SA is still my favorite.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 PM

727 posts, read 1,222,416 times
I still havent played IV yet because I dont have a 360 or PS3 yet. San andreas hands down.......you had sooo many choices with San Andreas.......there'll never be another San Andreas unless they make a pt 2 of San Andreas.........

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM

11,357 posts, read 17,201,453 times
I'd sooner want to see San Andreas than Vice City done in the current generation style like IV, but it's questionable whether the current hardware would properly pull that off. I'm talking where it literally takes you an hour to drive from one city to the other (this could be sped up for impatient people by going to the airport or train station or whatever) but that would rule IMO.

Vice was great, but it was just Scarface with some names changed. Hell, you even had the mansion. I enjoy the game and all but it's not as fun as SA as far as just going and messing around in a big open city/state.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'd sooner want to see San Andreas than Vice City done in the current generation style like IV, but it's questionable whether the current hardware would properly pull that off. I'm talking where it literally takes you an hour to drive from one city to the other (this could be sped up for impatient people by going to the airport or train station or whatever) but that would rule IMO.

Vice was great, but it was just Scarface with some names changed. Hell, you even had the mansion. I enjoy the game and all but it's not as fun as SA as far as just going and messing around in a big open city/state.
Yeah, I would also like to see San Andreas done in the new style. But if not, I'd like to see them do it in another city altogether.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM

515 posts, read 837,788 times
I like San Andreas the best.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 AM

3,220 posts, read 5,862,893 times
GTA4 that's the only one I've played

Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
GTA4 that's the only one I've played
It would probably be really hard to play the older ones like GTA3 and Vice City after playing 4 first as they are much different and didn't offer very much variety. They were good games when they came out, but San Andreas and GTA4 blow them away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games