U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,813,935 times
SimCity.

Talk about a game you could waste HOURS on!

The game was also funny when you got bored and deliberately put a flood, tornado AND Godzilla on the map.

RUN SIMS RUN!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,326,461 times

YouTube - Bruce Lee (Commodore 64) Speed run

That game was a blast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karateka_(video_game)

Wings of Fury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We used to play this on the Apples in our high school. Good times.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,813,935 times
Karateka on the Apple IIe!!!!!

That and Prince of Persia (although there were places you could get stuck with no way out and have to start over!!!!!)

Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM
f_m

2,290 posts, read 5,087,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

YouTube - Bruce Lee (Commodore 64) Speed run

That game was a blast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karateka_(video_game)

Wings of Fury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We used to play this on the Apples in our high school. Good times.
Yeah I remember seeing that one. That was a while ago.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 PM
f_m

2,290 posts, read 5,087,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
I loved that game!

Even older than than, I miss Ultima Underworlds 2. We got it free with something, I don't remember what, I must have been in 5th or 6th grade, and I thought it was so cool! I never finished it, though, too hard me for at the time. It was one of the first games I played. Now that I am a more experienced gamer, I would love to have another crack at it!
I remember playing Ultima III, and I think I may have had another one, and back then they came with special books and maps and stuff. Was one of the first games to show a 3d perspective (although it was slide show style). Those games had so many interesting things in them.

I used to live around the block from Lord British's relative, aunt I think, who was one of my teachers in school too.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 AM

13,915 posts, read 9,534,652 times
Trinity
Rogue
Leisure Suit Larry (original)
Duke Nukem (original)

I recently found DN online somewhere and completed it in one evening. Amazing how much you remember about games you haven't played in 15+ years...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 AM

3,651 posts, read 5,381,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I've started to play my old Rome Total War again as the mods out now have just about perfected the game, and it WORKS (compared to the new Empire Total War game in the total war series) and it's not as graphic intensive and system demanding as the newer series.

Also Medieval Total War 2 has some new excellent mods, including the new Third Age Total War which is a total conversion of the game to the world of the Lord of the Rings.

It's amazing you have this world of computer geeks that do these amazing mods as a hobby, and offer it to people for free. They are all professionally made, stable, and improve the game beyond anything the original creators could have done. It just takes them a few years to do it and test it after the original game release.
Tell them to come out with a legit patch to Black/White 2 then

Old 06-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Location: West Los Angeles (in the Hall of the Paleo-Atlantids)
3,467 posts, read 2,860,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Tie Fighter
X-wing
Wing Commander
Are there any newer games that play in a similar manner to those?

Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM

93 posts, read 95,485 times
Freelancer or Darkstar One are somewhat similar. The genre is dead for the most part. There is also an indie game called Evochron.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM

1,992 posts, read 5,093,583 times
Oregon Trail.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games