Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 01:02 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,523,326 times

Advertisements

One franchise is really hot right now, the other has been lukewarm for years with many classics under its belt. This is the new version of the Sonic vs Mario war. Both exclusive to their respective consoles and firms that own the brands. Link has never had a rival in the action adventure genre. Has Link met his match with Kratos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:20 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,339,508 times
I have never heard of God of War. What system is it for?

I have the latest Zelda game and Link's Crossbow Challenge. They are alright, but I think Zelda is just coasting right now. I have heard the next game is going to send the series in a new direction.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,624,262 times
God of War owns zelda right now. Zelda was awesome back in the day but just because a game has the name "zelda" doesent mean its the same game as it was.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,013,012 times
inb4 Milk/Naryu's Love/Magic Armour/Oni Link/Lightning etc.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Lately I have seen these two series compared often. I dont have a Wii or PS3 yet so im thinking of investing.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM

5,004 posts, read 12,313,882 times
GoW is a polar opposite in terms of emotion and stuff from Link. The former is a bloodthirsty well, god of war. The latter is a stoic, TOO stoic, hero.

I actually rejoiced when they injected SOME emotion and SOME sense of attachment that Link could have. You know, not just stoic and heroic young man saves yet another stoic, intelligent princess from an evil ganon. That's where the franchise has to go next to reboot. Actual PLOTS. They had some good ones on the DS. Now it's time to bring one to the Wii. I was like "WHAT! WTF!" at the ending of Twilight Princess because *spoilers* could be happily ever after. I hope the new ones are good.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 PM

75 posts, read 60,200 times
At least Zelda has a protagonist that isn't angry at his own stupidity.

Think about it.
Kratos = Spartan.
He's supposed to be really tough and brave and not scared of anything, right?
But the whole premise of the game is that he whined when he was about to be killed because he wasn't strong enough, and Ares saved his life. He blubbered and Ares had to save him. Hardly a Spartan warrior if he can't even accept his own death like a soldier.

And part of that saving his life was a contract to do ANYTHING Ares wanted.
Ares makes him do something he doesn't want to do.
Kratos whines again, backs up and says "Whoa, I know I agreed to do anything you wanted in exchange for my LIFE, but screw that man."
And he betrays Ares and goes back on his word. Yeah, real man there. Makes a vow on his LIFE for his everlasting servitude in exchange for his life, and then backs down from that.

And then what happens? He runs around pissing and moaning, angry at the Gods for betraying HIM. Sorry, what was that? Does he really think he has the right to be mad at anyone betraying HIM? The guy who whined when he was about to be killed, betraying his Spartan warriorhood, then whined and betrayed his master that he vowed to serve in exchange for his life?

Link might not be "GRRRMANLYMAN I BURN WITH RAGE!" but at least he's manly enough to face everything that comes at him without crying to the Gods to save him.

So yeah. Zelda.
Even the original Zeldas had better story than God of War.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 AM

I remeber when God of War was annouced at E3 2009 now Legend of Zelda is about to do it this year. You Nintendo wants to top Sony.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I have never heard of God of War. What system is it for?

I have the latest Zelda game and Link's Crossbow Challenge. They are alright, but I think Zelda is just coasting right now. I have heard the next game is going to send the series in a new direction.
God of War is Sonys version of Zelda. The new Zelda will be announced at E3 in a few hours. Both series watch each other very closely. God of War 2 was competition to Zelda Twilight Princess, the God of War 3 came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games