U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM

11,727 posts, read 23,997,516 times
Well its possible the software isn't quite compatible with your operating system. If you can find the icon for the software, right click on it and choose properties. On the compatibility tab, you'll have some options that can make older software run on a newer version of Windows. The most useful ones are "run this program in compatibility mode for...Window XP" at the top and the Privilege Level at the bottom.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 PM

3,640 posts, read 1,931,257 times
Did it. Changed it to be compatible with Windows 7, and told it to apply to all users. Still doesn't find the camera.

I didn't check Run as an Administrator cuz I'm not sure if I need a password? I don't have one. Should I check that?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Did it. Changed it to be compatible with Windows 7, and told it to apply to all users. Still doesn't find the camera.

I didn't check Run as an Administrator cuz I'm not sure if I need a password? I don't have one. Should I check that?
No, you want compatibility mode set for Windows XP because that's what the program probably expects to be running under.

You won't need a password to run the program as Administrator unless the user account you're logged onto is a limited user and your Administrator account has a password. (Both are unlikely unless you specifically configured them as such.)

Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 PM

Ended up running thru the whole list just in case. Click "change settings for all users" then choose, then click apply and OK. Still not finding the device.

I noticed the RCA site has a form to send in for trouble shooting. Sent it but they work M-F so it'll be a couple days.

If anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime, I'll definitely try them. Thanks for all the help.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM

Reply from RCA customer support:

Unfortunately, the EZ201 is not Windows 7 OS compatible. Please see below for the computer system requirements.

Windows computer requirements
• Intel Pentium 4, 800MHz with at least 512MB of RAM
• Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or higher
• SVGA or better display monitor
• 16-bit sound card
• Video card with display settings set at a screen resolution of 800x600 or higher
• Windows MediaTM Player 9.x or later
• Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later

Sincerely,
Kimberly
Customer Care

- - - - - - - -

So is there anything else I could try?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM

19,395 posts, read 30,242,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Reply from RCA customer support:

Unfortunately, the EZ201 is not Windows 7 OS compatible. Please see below for the computer system requirements.

Windows computer requirements
• Intel Pentium 4, 800MHz with at least 512MB of RAM
• Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or higher
• SVGA or better display monitor
• 16-bit sound card
• Video card with display settings set at a screen resolution of 800x600 or higher
• Windows MediaTM Player 9.x or later
• Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later

Sincerely,
Kimberly
Customer Care

- - - - - - - -

So is there anything else I could try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Lilly,

Do you have an SD card reader for your computer?

I have two Small Wonders, and I never use the software.
I put the camera's SD card in a card reader and upload it to my video files.
Lilly,

I use W7, 64 bit, and popping the SD card into it works great.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM

4,357 posts, read 3,839,759 times
Download and install 'Virtual PC' from Windows. Download Windows XP Mode

If your software doesn't work in "XP Compatibility" mode, you might need to get the 'Virtual PC without Windows XP Mode' and then load XP itself into that virtual PC.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Lilly,

I use W7, 64 bit, and popping the SD card into it works great.
This is the easiest solution. I've never connected any of my cameras to my PC. A $12 multi-format card reader is all you really need.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:49 AM

22,190 posts, read 16,263,001 times
If you don't have a card reader but do have another digital camera the SD card will fit in you can use that too.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Is an SD card reader the same as a hole in the computer the little disk fits into?

I've been resisting this course cuz I'd have to go find instructions how to do it, and I HATE reading instructions. I liked it so much better when the right program automatically popped up, and I could just follow the screen.

So anyway I finally found out how to get the disk out of the Small Wonder. Then the video isn't on it. So had to go back and read instructions how to copy what was on the internal memory.

So now I have it on my computer, but still can't get it into the RCA managing/editing software which I am familiar with.

I guess I need a site or software that allows me to grab an image from the video. Anyone know of one where I don't have to read too many instructions to figure out?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography