Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 07:03 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,060 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about live-streaming concerts. I know ZERO about videography and streaming. So, don't get on me for ignorance... I'm attempting to become other-than-ignorant about this subject.

1) Approximately what Internet speed should I have, if I want to video-record something to be live-streamed over the Internet? (And do my requirements change the more people want to be streaming it at the same time?)

2) What equipment should I expect to need, to produce a good-quality feed? (And what will it cost?)

3) What preparations should be made to the room from which I intend to stream, for the purposes of improvement of sound quality and/or video quality?

4) Performing musicians do not need licenses to perform copyrighted music because the licensing is done at the venue level. Does that change when streaming a concert such that we would have to obtain some sort of license to do so?

That's a good place to start now. Looking forward to hearing what y'all have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
There are companies that do this, but it isn't a simple task. Of course a good fast connection is the most important thing to have. A few companies claim you can do it on a 4G phone. A robust laptop with a camcorder will work, and you should opt for a hard line (if possible) rather than a WiFi upstream. There are also subscription based services which allow you to configure directly to their platforms. You'll need to do some research on those.

Here's a few companies to check out.
For software solutions:
Live Webcasting Software &#x7c Telestream Wirecast &#x7c Overview
VidBlaster - Video Production at Your Fingertips! - VidBlaster - Video Production at Your Fingertips!

Hardware/Software
VidBlaster - Video Production at Your Fingertips! - VidBlaster - Video Production at Your Fingertips!
MyLiveStreams Provide Live 3G/4G Webcasting Solutions for Broadcasting Live Events over the 3G/4G Mobile Phone Networks

4G solutions:
https://www.ustream.tv/platform (free versions available)

Here is some info from PCWorld
How to Broadcast a Live Video Feed From Your Phone or Tablet | PCWorld

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography