U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:22 PM

22 posts, read 170,409 times

Advertisements

Southern woman here are mean and HATE talking to people from the north you can be so nice to them but they will give you the cold shoulder!! Whats there problem? I have read other peoples post and it seems that they have expirenced a lot while living down here in the south. I on the other hand haven't expirenced that much discrimination. I have recieved some though not ALL southern woman are nice. Whats the point of being rude to northeners?? We are all human!! Now New York has been voted Nationally the # 1 most friendliest state. They aren't RUDE like they are sterotyped as!! so all southern people/southern women reading this post take it to heart give New Yorkers a Chance despite their accent how they may look.

Freeverrsee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 02:35 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,236,189 times
If you experience a lot of "cold shoulderness", maybe the problem is you and not them?

Old 08-28-2006, 03:50 PM

Thumbs down Me??

Southern woman don't just give me the cold shoulder it's many others on this site so it can't ME!!! I am Not the only one !!!! I guess your a southern woman am i right? well maybe you don't want to admit it but you probaly treat others that are from the north like a piece of TRASH and give them the cold shoulder also.

Freeverrsee

Old 08-28-2006, 04:00 PM

I know from that sentence you don't recive that Cold Shoulderness.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:06 AM

291 posts, read 1,253,143 times
Many do, that is a fact, but you will find that some don't, if you look. I find that most liberals whether from the north or south are alot more open and accepting. And I am not a liberal! Oh well!

Some, no matter how nice you are, it will not matter, they will judge you on where you live, what kind of car you drive and etc...those people are trash and do not matter anyhow, so why care bout them?

And others,a few of us, are friendly, but we are also cautious cause in this world you can not be too safe, you know? It really takes time and paitence when you move into a new area, people have no idea who you are and what your MO is, give them time and a chance and maybe your find a friend or maybe even two!

I really do not like most people that I come across, and I am not open to most whom I met cause frankly I live in a very snobish town. And you can be a snob and not have money too. I have a few friends that I talk to now and then and I am not looking for any more, its too exhausting and time consuming, I am busy living my life and enjoying it! Do the same for yourself and the rest will follow.

And remember that groups of women, are harsh on outsiders, esp if you are too cute or too ugly or stand out for whatever (reason insert here)they will pick you apart without mercy, seen it all my life and finally have enough sense to run from that now!

Best of luck!
WVA

Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,236,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeverrsee View Post
Southern woman don't just give me the cold shoulder it's many others on this site so it can't ME!!! I am Not the only one !!!! I guess your a southern woman am i right? well maybe you don't want to admit it but you probaly treat others that are from the north like a piece of TRASH and give them the cold shoulder also.

Freeverrsee
You don't display what part of Virginia you are in. Maybe there is a regional thang going on somewhere.

And you're wrong, honey. I'm a red hot blooded Southern man, accent and all. Possibly what you are experiencing is the aversion to the typical holier than thou presence that a large number of northern women exude. And don't try to paint me with some broad brush, either. Most of my neighbors are yankee transplants, and once they learned not to look down their noses at me, we got along just fine. Don't think you'll come down to Dixie and have women falling at your feet to learn the northern way. They don't want it. Yankee or not, I can tell I wouldn't like you. You talk too much, probably too loud, and don't really having anything to say other than to complain.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM

73 posts, read 441,170 times
Default i'm confused

You say ALL Southern women are mean, then you go on to say that you haven't experience much discrimination? Ok, of course not ALL Southern women are nice. Not ALL Northern women are nice. Not ALL of any section of the U.S. is nice. Some people, no matter where they live, are rude or condescending for whatever reason. YOU, my "friend," seem pretty judgmental for someone who hasn't experience discrimination. Interesting. I agree with Electron -- I am from Southside Virginia, and I go out of my way to be nice to anybody I meet, no matter where they're from. I'm engaged to a wonderful man from Indiana. But I can guarantee you that I wouldn't like you if I met you, for precisely the same reasons that Electron stated.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,620,287 times
hey.... i think all women are mean north,south,east,or west!!!!!! lol

Old 08-30-2006, 03:59 PM

25 posts, read 117,786 times
Default Unfriendly Southerners

I agree with freeversee. Maybe it is NOT her!! Sometimes you can be the nicest and friendliest person and for some reason others will reject you. I am from NYC and my accent is very obvious. I don't believe in judging others by their ethnic or cultural backgrounds and I definitely do not have a chip on my shoulder. Most people that get the chance to know me comment that I am a very kind person. Yet when I strike up a conversation with many Southern White Women, they may either talk back and then never speak to me again or totally give me the cold shoulder. I rarely find this happening when I visit NYC or New Jersey. (and didn't see it when I lived in NYC). I notice that the White Southern Women ususally like to hang out with those of their "own backgrounds" and they do not readily welcome us Northern women into their groups. Of course there are always exceptions. I have met a few sweet Southern White Women who took the chance to get to know me and now they have become my friends.

Yes New Yorkers are more blunt than the Southerners. But most of us are not trying to be offensive. It is just our culture. I am tired of feeling like and outsider here in Virginia and if my husband wants to move back North I will gladly go.

NYCGIRL

Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM

Exclamation Southeners are mean

whether you think I am judgemental is your opinion!! Williamsburg VA is right you southeners judge people no matter what!! I am not judgemental I am just stateing the fact that you judge people from the north by their backroud. Like I said before New Yorkers were voted in the survey most friendliest # 1 so thinking I am judgemental is WRONG!! Due to the fact that other people are saying the same thing about the southeners!! And I am saying that the southern White Woman are the are snobish and RUDE!! Thats right I said Rude thats the southeners not people from the NORTH!! Rember we are living in the south not the North were the friendliest people are!!! 2

Freeverrsee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia