Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 AM

7 posts, read 7,920 times

Advertisements

Hi, I found very useful information in the forum, I'm glad to found this forum.
Me and my family will move from Wisconsin to Winchester VA. What documents will be needed for school for my daughter (13 years old).My daughter has not been studied in the U.S. three years. Should I call the school in which last studied my daughter in Wisconsin for any documents? Should I take any documents from the school where she studied outside the U.S.? Will we again need to show immunization sheet?

I have many questions about life in Winchester. My language is not very good, but I hope that this will not prevent us from communicating and even befriend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,222,175 times
You should visit the website for the Winchester, Virginia schools. There is a webpage in English and Spanish indicating the documents you will need to register. Here is the English version:
Winchester Public Schools

Here is the Spanish version.
http://www.wps.k12.va.us/schinfo/kregS.pdf

I do not see any other versions on the website.

Will you actually reside in Winchester? Otherwise, if you are outside the boundary of the town (or is it a city?) of Winchester, you will be dealing with whatever county surrounds Winchester.

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 AM

Thanks a lot!

The school that my daughter will be attending John Handley High School is in the neighborhood in which my family will live. What do you think about this school?
The problem is that I lost the immunization form and do not know how I can have newone

Old 06-14-2011, 05:35 AM

If you can contact the physicians and/or clinics that did the vaccinations, you may be able to recreate the record. Her current school may also be able to give you a copy of a document in its files that you can provide her new school.

I do not know anything about the Winchester school system. I usually go to greatschools.org when I want to look up a school.

You can also go to the website of the Virginia Department of Education and look up SOL information on this high school. For that matter, the high school's website may also have this information.

I hope you enjoy Winchester!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 AM

I wrote an email to the last school where my daughter was a student in the U.S. (3 years she attended school outside the U.S.) and now waiting for response. I hope they keep this information and send it to me.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Hi,
we have a problem with hiring a home in Winchester. Fill in forms but not approved because we are newcomers, with a small child, not to speak English well .......
Is this problem can be solved all by our self?

Please can somebody give as ideas how can find a 3 br home for as.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 AM

Have you checked Craigslist for Winchester? You may have better luck dealing directly with the owner of the rental property rather than going through an agent.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM

Thanks a lot, I found this site with Google and check it every day. The problem is aprove for the beter home for me and my family.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
I don't think Craigslist is a great idea for you. You don't speak the language well enough and do not know the Winchester area well enough. You could easily be taken advantage of by a landlord.

I would suggest that you call one of the bigger realtors in Winchester -- ReMax or Long and Foster, for example. Then ask the office manager for an agent who speaks your native language. That way they can negotiate with a landlord and you can clearly be told all the details.

Remember, too, the commission (fee) a real estate agent earns is paid by the seller/landlord. You would not have to pay for him/her.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: