Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,358 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am an international, I've been here in Blacksburg for little les than 6 months. I do not have a VA license, I do have the international and also the spanish which is good for at least 6 months.

Well, I was pulled over yesterday at 53 in a 25 zone, I have to say it was late night, and there was absolutely no one anywhere in the street nor cars.

So I have to go to court for reckless driving by speed, but the thing is that I am not familiar with what going to court exaclty means... I mean, is it going to be a big fine, or there is the chance of something worse than the fine? is it a big deal the recless driving by speed?

Any information, advise and suggestions will be of GREAT help.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM

The basic question would be if I should hire an attorney or go to court by myself... And the chances of getting it reduced to improper driving instead of reckless

Old 09-15-2011, 04:52 AM

6 posts, read 6,572 times
"Yes, if you were pulled over and giving a summons to appear in a Virginia criminal court on reckless driving charges, you could be sentenced to as much as a year in jail, and face a suspended driver's license for 6 months, $2500 in fines, and a criminal record that could follow you around for the rest of your life."

source: Virginia Reckless Driving Charges FAQ - VA Reckless Driving Ticket Frequently Asked Questions - Virginia Reckless Driving Summons Ticket Charge

Obviously, the above has an interest in getting you to lawyer up, but I would take their advice and do so regardless.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:31 PM

10 posts, read 59,768 times
Danguy, I sent you a message.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM

Thanks Danguyf!, appreciate the opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: