Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:03 AM

13 posts, read 74,481 times

Advertisements

My family (mom, dad, & a 12-year-old) is relocating from Pennsylvania to the Lynchburg area. After doing lots of research about housing and schools we have just about settled on the Brookville area of Lynchburg. We understand this is just outside the city limits in Campbell County. Does anyone have any advice or comments about the schools, housing, shopping, convenience, etc., about this area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 07:46 AM

6 posts, read 36,608 times
Campbell County is growing considerablly residentially in brookville area as well as on US 29 South past Lynchburg Regional Airport there are nice homes on Russell Springs Road. Also i know you said brookville area but Wyndhurst is excellent as well. It's on the Lynchburg City-Campbell County line and like 5 minutes at the most from Brookville Middle & High School. Shopping wise u'll have no choice but to come into Lynchburg unless you like antique malls. River Ridge Mall is the only mall in city. It sucks as a mall but its good enough to get the job done until our new mall is built either in late 08 or late 09.
But wherever you pick Good Luck!

Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 PM

144 posts, read 330,496 times
Hi:
Another question---I am retired military, over 65. I can use Medicare/Tricare, BUT, are primary care doctors taking new patients in Lynchburg?? Thanks for any current info you can provide.

MM

Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,657,024 times
I just went through River Ridge and there is nothing wrong with it. Macy's is a great addition and a new multi-plex theater is coming. For a small city L has good shopping with tons of newer stores along Wards Road. unless you need high-end stuff L has it covered.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,993 times
Planning to move to Lynchburg from India. I need information on best schools for my 5 year old boy and also apartments for rent near Lynchburg , VA 24501 as that is where my office is located. Please help as I feel lost.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,657,024 times
For best schools I would focus on an apt in the 24503 area. There are many nice apts along Boonsboro Rd.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM

506 posts, read 1,402,417 times
Since you are moving from India to Lynchburg I can only guess that you work for Genworth. If that is the case I would recommend that you contact one of the Indian employees at Genworth. You might be able to find a company directory….or just call the front office and explain were you are coming from and would like to speak to a fellow Indian.

I say this as a fellow foreigner living in Lynchburg )I am not Indian though). It is always very helpful to get hints and suggestions from someone who comes from the same culture as the frame of reference is more or less the same.

(I know India has many cultures and ethnic groups though)

गुड लक

Old 02-05-2012, 04:26 AM

Default Thank you all

Thank you all for your kind replies. I have a fair idea now as to what to do. Thank you again. God bless.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:29 AM

We are planning to stay at Walden Pond. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia