U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM

11 posts, read 18,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman72 View Post
I've had restless leg syndrome for nearly my whole life, but it was so minor that I simply thought it was itchy skin. Two months ago, it exponentially increased in severity to the point of ruining my sleep most nights

Blood tests came out normal so it's likely not a mineral deficiencies

Out of the few things I've tried, only marijuana seems to be consistently helpful in helping me fall asleep. It get rids of the weird night creepy crawling sensations better than anything else

I have not tried "legal" but extreme methods like anti-parkinsons treatment. I'm a little wary of trying some of the drugs doctors typically prescribe for RLS

So, is it possible to get Marijuana for RLS in VA?
Have you seen a doctor?
I have it as well and take ropinirole daily, and it works well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 713 times
I have had restless legs for years and it makes your life miserable from loss of sleep and the dread of night time and the awful feelings you can't control. My dr. has give me two difference medicines and they both have so many side effects. That you hate to take them If they can't find a cure I think they should let us have anything to get relief If they had it they would take it, but we just have to suffer If you have never experienced it you can't believe how debelating it can be. i walk and cry and pray sometimes you feel like you can't make it tru another day.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM

74 posts, read 201,128 times
Mary I'm sorry to hear how miserable you are. I can totally relate! Hang in there.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 AM

27 posts, read 34,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary adcock View Post
I have had restless legs for years and it makes your life miserable from loss of sleep and the dread of night time and the awful feelings you can't control. My dr. has give me two difference medicines and they both have so many side effects. That you hate to take them If they can't find a cure I think they should let us have anything to get relief If they had it they would take it, but we just have to suffer If you have never experienced it you can't believe how debelating it can be. i walk and cry and pray sometimes you feel like you can't make it tru another day.
RLS is no joke !

I have it.

About 20 years ago I went to see a doctor because I couldn't control it and didn't know what the hell
was going on at that time there was no name for it. Anyway the doctor told me it was all in my head...WTF ?

I seriously wanted to put my fist thru his face and right outside the back of his head. I told him to dropdead and walked out.

People have no idea how terrible it is...you get NO SLEEP AT ALL..NOT ONE HOUR.

It's like having every nerve cell in your legs come alive 1000% more than normal and every one wants to run and run now or just move. It's like your legs have a life of their own and saying we don't want to sleep we want to move and move non stop so don't even think about sleeping.

I constantly get up and run in place or sit on edge of tub and run ice cold water over my calf
muscles and feet. It helps for a few minutes of relief but that's it..better than nothing.

When the web became popular I did a search and was happy to know others suffer from RLS..back in the day there was no name for it.

Fast forward to the last few years doctors now want me to take medicine which I refuse so I suffer. On the nights with zero sleep I take off work the next day.

Thank God I don't get it everyday...just a couple of times a month for a few days sometimes less where it keeps me up all night other times it's mild enough to ignore. Use to be worst when I was younger.

I can't imagine having it everyday..that would be torture and serious .

There's no rhyme or reason why it happens. I tried to see if it was something I ate among other things thru out life but nothing adds up.

When I was very young I always noticed my Mother was always moving her legs and I never knew why so I guess it's hereditary because I got in my early 20's. I usually only get it at night..rarely during the day. I wish it happened during the day this way I could get some sleep.

Try exhausting yourself during day hours..sometimes it helps .Another thing to do is massage
your legs with a rolling pin before it even starts. Don't wait for the onset of it..do it during day and before bedtime.

Anyway I hope it gets better for you

PS:I don't smoke pot but you can go to rollitup.org and learn how to grow one plant hydroponically..it's very easy. I go there because I build my own LED grow lights for fruits and veggies which I grow via hydroponics.

Last edited by RainerRocks; 04-09-2013 at 01:53 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 AM

1 posts, read 260 times
It is due to the fact that the big time RX companies have there hands in ever pocket to make sure they keep making lots of money , I mean God forbid people be allowed something that helps and doesn't do permanent damage , I mean really , shame on us for even thinking such!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia