Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoi137 View Post
Interesting how the Virginia State Hokies are covered in the Washington Post almost like they're a local team.

Who!!!????

Try again son!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post

As far as Tech.......I say, ROLL TIDE, ROLL! (Sorry...daughter went to Alabama, and took all our money for tuition....therefore, I will cheer for the place that I paid big bucks!!!!!)
Bless your heart. Maybe it's not too late to get a refund?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregir View Post
Redskins fans are in the majority here in Virginia. Us cowboy fans band together and laugh at them.
When I lived in VA, it was the Redskin fans that made me despise the team as much as I did. Then they sold the team to Snyder and he pretty much destroyed the level of enthusiasm that people had for the team. Now it seems like the fans are still loyal to the team (in spite of the owner), thereby calming things down and seeming less obnoxious.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM

279 posts, read 482,273 times
Virginia Gov discusses deal to move Redskins' camp - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says the Washington Redskins have chosen four sites in Richmond at which they hope to hold their training camp next year.

McDonnell, speaking at the Redskins' "Fan Appreciation Day" at Redskins Park, said executives will make on-site assessments next week.

Sweet.

Richmond Training Camp Site Announced

Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones announced today the city’s plan to develop the Leigh Street (Science Museum) site as the new home of Washington Redskins Summer Training Camp beginning in 2013.

Last edited by Marka; 10-28-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Richmond Training Center Construction Begins

Leaders from the City of Richmond, Bon Secours Virginia Health System and the Washington Redskins broke ground on the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center Thursday.

Richmond Training Center Construction Begins

Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
I think pretty much the entire state of Virginia is Redskins territory. Maybe out in the Appalachins area in the far west might be Steelers pockets but thats my best guess since most of West Virginia is Steelerland.

The Redskins were once the team of Dixie; the line in the Hail to the Redskins song that now goes "fight for all DC" was once "fight for all Dixie". Redskins territory goes way down into the Carolinas.

But remember in the more Southern parts, college football takes precedents and Cavs and Hokies dominate the coverage. The NFL owns the Northeast but theres a saying in the South about football:

Friday: high school football
Saturday: college football
Sunday: church.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:12 PM

203 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
Hello my Virginia brethren, I come with a simple question to ask you, are you or are you not primarily Redskins fans? I sadly live in NC now but am moving back to my home state of Virginia (Charlottesville area) very soon and am curious if most of you guys and gals are Redskins fans?
Here's my simple answer:
I'm pretty sure that in Northern Virginia the majority of football fans are Redskins fans. However I suspect that in Charlottesville most football fans would be UVA Cavalier fans (could be wrong).

I wouldn't even begin to hazard a guess about the team preferences of folks in the rest of the Commonwealth, but I think that those Virginians who are not football fans probably don't give a damn one way or the other.

And most Virginians who are Native Americans probably detest and loathe the Washington Redskins because they think the team's name is somehow an ethnic slur that insults Native Americans.

I guess they might pacify the Native Americans by renaming the team the "Washington Blackskins" but that would probably just p*ss off every football fan among the DC area's African-American community. And if he were still alive, it would probably even p*ss off Michael Jackson, who was the whitest black man who ever lived.

But now I have three questions for you:

Why are you "sadly living in NC now"?

Are things really that bad for you where you are now living in NC?

And how will moving back to VA make it better (or less "sad") for you?

Quote:
At an event last week, Va. Gov. Bob McDonnell couldn't resist taking a jab about the Redskins practicing in Virginia, when he said ... "I didn't wear my Virginia Redskins jacket."
I don't really give a damn what Bob McDonnell thinks. As Governor, he has been an absolute disgrace to the Commonwealth. It might have been a better use of Bob's talents if he had been hired as a tackling dummy for the Redskins; and I'm glad that Bob can only serve one term; and I'm also glad that Bob's pathetic protegé, our current AG Ken Cuccinnelli, doesn't have a chance of succeeding Bob as Gov, and both will be history in less than a year.

Putting everything into perspective though, I guess Bob is probably no worse than NC's Pat McCrory ... except that Pat just began his term as NC's new Guv and North Carolinians will have to put up with him and his gang for several years longer.

Is that why you want to escape from NC, MountainMan???

Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_in_DC View Post
Here's my simple answer:
I'm pretty sure that in Northern Virginia the majority of football fans are Redskins fans. However I suspect that in Charlottesville most football fans would be UVA Cavalier fans (could be wrong).

I wouldn't even begin to hazard a guess about the team preferences of folks in the rest of the Commonwealth, but I think that those Virginians who are not football fans probably don't give a damn one way or the other.

And most Virginians who are Native Americans probably detest and loathe the Washington Redskins because they think the team's name is somehow an ethnic slur that insults Native Americans.

I guess they might pacify the Native Americans by renaming the team the "Washington Blackskins" but that would probably just p*ss off every football fan among the DC area's African-American community. And if he were still alive, it would probably even p*ss off Michael Jackson, who was the whitest black man who ever lived.

But now I have three questions for you:

Why are you "sadly living in NC now"?

Are things really that bad for you where you are now living in NC?

And how will moving back to VA make it better (or less "sad") for you?

I don't really give a damn what Bob McDonnell thinks. As Governor, he has been an absolute disgrace to the Commonwealth. It might have been a better use of Bob's talents if he had been hired as a tackling dummy for the Redskins; and I'm glad that Bob can only serve one term; and I'm also glad that Bob's pathetic protegé, our current AG Ken Cuccinnelli, doesn't have a chance of succeeding Bob as Gov, and both will be history in less than a year.

Putting everything into perspective though, I guess Bob is probably no worse than NC's Pat McCrory ... except that Pat just began his term as NC's new Guv and North Carolinians will have to put up with him and his gang for several years longer.

Is that why you want to escape from NC, MountainMan???
I say I sadly live in NC because I don't give a damn about this state or the flat tobacco lands around in which I live. I love the mountains, specifically the blue ridge mountains of VA, it's where most of my family is as well. I'm in school now and I don't plan on moving back to VA until I am finished with school.

As far as Bob, I like good ol' Bob McDonnell. But I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, they are all lying pieces of crap and are basically the same, they all work for the real bosses over at the Federal Reserve. Read the book None Dare Call It Conspiracy if you want to know what I mean.

» None Dare Call It Conspriacy: The Book That Woke Up Alex Jones Now Online Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! You can read it right here on Alex Jones' website.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM

203 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
... I love the mountains, specifically the blue ridge mountains of VA, it's where most of my family is as well ... I like good ol' Bob McDonnell. But I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, they are all lying pieces of crap and are basically the same, they all work for the real bosses over at the Federal Reserve. Read the book None Dare Call It Conspiracy if you want to know what I mean.

» None Dare Call It Conspriacy: The Book That Woke Up Alex Jones Now Online Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! You can read it right here on Alex Jones' website.
I saw an interesting documentary by Alex Jones recently about the Bilderberger conference in Canada, and the "New World Order." I think the movie is called "EndGame", and it was quite interesting. You can find it on YouTube.

Now I'm going to go read "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" because I'm sure there's much truth in it.

The only problem with learning about all that is ... once you know about all that stuff, what can you actually do about it?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_in_DC View Post
I saw an interesting documentary by Alex Jones recently about the Bilderberger conference in Canada, and the "New World Order." I think the movie is called "EndGame", and it was quite interesting. You can find it on YouTube.

Now I'm going to go read "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" because I'm sure there's much truth in it.

The only problem with learning about all that is ... once you know about all that stuff, what can you actually do about it?
Not to get to far off subject, but yes I saw End Game and it was interesting, but I'll point you to an even more interesting film by Alex Jones here in a minute. But what can we do if we know all this stuff? We can share with others, much like Alex Jones website, INFOWARS.com suggests, get the information out there so that people see it and are aware about it and hopefully enough of them enter into positions of prestige in our society to bring about positive change.

Here are a few interesting reads you will want to research in order to be more aware of the world in which we live. Just spend some time looking over it whenever you get a chance.

Shadow Government | New Order of the Barbarians - Tape 1 The New Order of the Barbarians part 1

Shadow Government | New Order of the Barbarians - Tape 2 The New Order of the Barbarians part 2

Shadow Government | New Order of the Barbarians - Tape 3 The New Order of the Barbarians part 3

The New Order of Barbarians - YouTube You can listen to all 3 tapes right here

10 Things That Every American Should Know About The Federal Reserve 10 things everyone should know about the Federal Reserve

» None Dare Call It Conspriacy: The Book That Woke Up Alex Jones Now Online Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! None Dare Call It Conspiracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVMyH8eOHKs 9/11 The Road to Tyranny - A film by Alex Jones

Quotes on the New World Order Quotes on the New World Order and what it is.

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Georgia Guidestones

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Northwoods was a series of false flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.
Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.

Project MKUltra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia MK Ultra Mind Control

Operation Paperclip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Project Paperclip

Exclusive: National Security Agency Whistleblower William Binney on Growing State Surveillance Wild stuff here

Utah spy center update - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News Huge Utah Spy Center

WARNING: Government Using Microsoft's XBOX 360 KINECT to SPY on you! - YouTube Warning: Government using Xbox, TV's, Dishwashers
to spy on you

» New Surveillance System Tracks Every Moving Object In An Entire City Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! New surveillance system can track every moving object in an entire city!

Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Media is in the hands of 6 mega corporations

You can also look up stuff like RFID implant microchips, GMO foods, Illuminati, etc. I think it is good to be aware of stuff like this, it makes me want to stay out of debt for one and also to not trust a thing politicians or bankers say. But I am not paranoid nor do I live in fear. It would suck to get tortured to death, but other than that we all die, I hope I make it to heaven.

Last edited by VirginiaMountainMan; 02-17-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia