U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,020 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm travelling for business purposes to Herndon; it値l be the second time I知 travelling over there.

The first time I stayed at a hotel in Arlington so I could go easily to Herdon by car for working and tame the subway to downtown D.C. at night for dinner, visiting the city or having a drink.

This time I知 thinking to get a hotel in Downtown D.C. I致e found one near to the White House. I知 wondering how messy will be to leave D.C. in the mornings and come back there at night? It seems traffic at rush hours could be really painful.

I was also thinking about staying this time at Reston, close to workplace. But I do not know what kind of things to do at night (nice bar, live music, sport bar, other) I壇 find. It will imply not going to D.C. I guess because of traffic jam at night, right?

Do you guys have any tip?

Thanks in advance

-- ravs
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM

6,553 posts, read 10,836,262 times
There is enough in the way of bars and restaurants in the Reston area. That's where I'd stay. Although traffic is reverse from your stay it still will not be easy. You'll still hit heavy traffic in places.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,020 times
Thanks for your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
. Although traffic is reverse from your stay it still will not be easy. You'll still hit heavy traffic in places.
Do you mean Arlington or Reston ?

My last time from Arlington to Herndon it took my around 30 - 35 mins, and in the way back (Herdon to Arlington) it was more like 45 min.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM

11,358 posts, read 20,143,021 times
There's ALWAYS traffic in the area, even between Reston and Herndon - as Bigfoot said, there'll be enough to entertain you in Reston and/or Herndon (I assume you'll only be in the area for a few days?) - There's also a Northern Virginia forum (instead of this general Virginia one) - where you might get more opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or