U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 AM

1,167 posts, read 809,272 times
Default RaceTrack in Spotsylvania County/Thornburg

Anyone else excited? I can't wait to track my car and spend time with my family there.

Do you think it will do anything positive for Spotsylvania?

On a side note:

I certainly don't want myself or my family to be going down Route 1 or 95 and be anywhere near those guys who have a long trip home as they might be getting on it down the highway or on route 1. I was young once and know how long and tempting those trips home can be.

Other than that very exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM

2,276 posts, read 1,946,870 times
Whoops, thought you meant a horse race track. I wonder why they put Colonial Downs where it is, would've made way more sense to put it somewhere in Stafford or Prince William and be reachable to NoVAns who might go to Charles Town or Laurel/Pimlico ...

Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Whoops, thought you meant a horse race track. I wonder why they put Colonial Downs where it is, would've made way more sense to put it somewhere in Stafford or Prince William and be reachable to NoVAns who might go to Charles Town or Laurel/Pimlico ...
Or a gas station?

I think Thornburg is the right location....5 minutes from me!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:23 PM

4,028 posts, read 4,753,468 times
"I certainly don't want myself or my family to be going down Route 1 or 95 and be anywhere near those guys who have a long trip home as they might be getting on it down the highway or on route 1. I was young once and know how long and tempting those trips home can be."

Not sure what this means. I live right around the corner from Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas. The one you're referring to will replace this one in Manassas. I've been here for many years and we don't see a problem with people "getting it on down the highway" when the races are over.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
"I certainly don't want myself or my family to be going down Route 1 or 95 and be anywhere near those guys who have a long trip home as they might be getting on it down the highway or on route 1. I was young once and know how long and tempting those trips home can be."

Not sure what this means. I live right around the corner from Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas. The one you're referring to will replace this one in Manassas. I've been here for many years and we don't see a problem with people "getting it on down the highway" when the races are over.
I grew up near a track outside of Virginia and I will tell you what. It was a constant problem in that area. Once I saw a Honda Civic in the trees being supported by branches. That had to have taken some serious speed! Where I grew up and the times that I grew up. It was VERY common for kids to get on it probably since my home State had a completely different disposition as to speeding. 120, 140+ you name it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia