Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I agree that 2 miles over is nuts, how can that even be proved?
It can't....and the magistrate I fought the ticket before agreed. Not only that but the cop didn't bother to show up for the hearing so I won that case on both counts.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM
kku kku started this thread

7 posts, read 49,191 times
So yesterday I was coming back to PA from my trip to FL and I saw a cop writing ticket to someone at the exact same location I got ticket on 20th April. That car did not have licence plate in the front and I know VA cars have plates in front and back both(I have a friend in VA that told me in VA you must have plate on front bumper). So, it's safe to assume that car was out of state. And it's strange all the people on web I found who got reckless speeding ticket in Emporia are out of state. VERY strange.

Last edited by kku; 04-30-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,239,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kku View Post
So yesterday I was coming back to PA from my trip to FL and I saw a cop writing ticket to someone at the exact same location I got ticket on 20th April. That car did not have licence plate in the front and I know VA cars have plates in front and back both(I have a friend in VA that told me in VA you must have plate on front bumper). So, it's safe to assume that car was out of state. And it's strange all the people on web I found who got reckless speeding ticket in Emporia are out of state. VERY strange.
My daughter has VA tags on her car and that's where she got her ticket. Very strange indeed.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 PM

It's a well publicized speed trap reported on multiple websites.

No one ever said they never ticket in-state vehicles, but they are well known for targeting out of staters.

The likelihood of an out of stater coming back to fight their ticket is much lower than an in-stater, therefore they know they don't have to come to court to defend their ticketing.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 04-30-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
It's a well publicized speed trap reported on multiple websites.

No one ever said they never ticket in-state vehicles, but they are well known for targeting out of staters.

The likelihood of an out of stater coming back to fight their ticket is much lower than an in-stater, therefore they know they don't have to come to court to defend their ticketing.

Posted with TapaTalk

It's also a known fact that many out of state drivers use I 95. What's your point? I realize it's a speed trap but I don't believe the officers have an ulterior motive in writing people from out of state.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
It's also a known fact that many out of state drivers use I 95. What's your point? I realize it's a speed trap but I don't believe the officers have an ulterior motive in writing people from out of state.
As I stated before.....lol if you want to believe that.

Furthermore, evidence was given already in this thread that contradicts that.

You have any to backup your assertion?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
As I stated before.....lol if you want to believe that.

Furthermore, evidence was given already in this thread that contradicts that.

You have any to backup your assertion?

Posted with TapaTalk
That wasn't evidence that was posted. And 30 plus years as a LEO whose jurisdiction includes I 95. Not the Emporia area though.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM

I repeat.......LOL!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 AM

Doing a bit more research on Emporia, I've found that place quite disgusting....

Here on City-Data are numerous threads about people getting tickets there. Most are out of staters. Then if you Google it the number of hits are astounding.

It's so bad that rental car companies tell people to avoid driving through there even if you are not speeding.

People admitting to going 67 mph, but being written up for over 85 mph with reckless driving added. Of course, reckless driving brings in more revenue than a tucket for 67.

People saying that the cop laughed at them and told them fighting it in their local court would be futile.

What the overall view is that the court and police collaborate to make money for the municipality.

That is corruption! And it doesn't take much of a stretch to believe that if they are corrupt enough to collude for the sake of revenue, they'd have no problem colluding to nail easy targets like out of state vehicles who aren't likely to appear in court or spend the extra cost to hire an attorney.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM

If it's on the internet it must be true. Emporia is a speed trap. That much is a given. Some of the wild stories I would take with a grain of salt. Now go ahead and respond with a stupid and meaningless LOL as it just shows your lack of knowledge and ability to discuss. I could provide you with so many stories of accusations against me in my 30 year career. Fortunately we could prove they were lying in most cases and the others were just so unbelievable that even a stupid dolt could recognize it was a trumped up accusation. One accused me of slamming their head into the doors frame of a cruiser. A security camera clearly showed the guy ripping away from me and slamming his head on the door frame then started screaming police brutality. So you'll have to excuse me if I doubt many stories on the net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: