Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 AM

404 posts, read 2,615,683 times

Advertisements

anyone been 2 bush gardens in virginia.
I have a 2 and a half year old,any opinions on the park,a great kid friendly hotel that wont break the bank and anything else of note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM

754 posts, read 1,692,698 times
We went last July and I had a great time but I love roller coasters and the Griffon is just brilliant. My wife enjoyed the park, but isn't much of a roller coaster fan, so it was kind of boring for her. There are lots of reviews and tips on Busch Gardens Europe site on Tripadvisor that we found useful. The park, food, etc. is kind of expensive, so you'll want to find discounts if "breaking the bank" is a concern for your family. Also, we don't have children, and I don't remember a lot for small children to do there compared to a place like Universal Studios. It's a real roller coaster-based park.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:05 AM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
theres a hampton Inn nearby that is nice, clean and reasonably priced.

I don't know that I personally would take a 2 1/2 year old - there is a toddler section though, and lots of shows, so it might be okay.

beer in germany! Pricey, but on a hot day well worth the price! lol

Overall, an AWESOME park!!!! we went up several times a year through my childhood days...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:06 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
W elove Busch Gardens and go every year, but we like to go in October for their Hallow-scare. The park is so clean and well laid out. You honestly feel like you are in a "park" in some places. There are plenty of hotels that aren't too expensive and a short drive from the park (like 15 minutes or less). Actually, I think we may have stayed at the Hampton Inn the PP was talking about.
There are several areas for kiddie rides and they also have several shows for younger kids.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
The park is great we have been going 20+ years! Youmight want to wait until your child is old enough to carry themselves, by that time they will be able to enjoy & remember the experience.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,783,368 times
I go to Busch Gardens from time to time.

The park is pretty big so its alot of walking and it gets really hot sometimes so find shade!

Its a very beautiful park and the rides are really fun. I think its more of a family park than say, Kings Dominion (my preference, because im more of a thrill-seeker).

Old 01-20-2008, 06:51 PM

26 posts, read 78,827 times
We used to get Season Passes every year when we lived in the Williamsburg area and so we took my daughter from ages 1-4. I don't really reccomend BG for toddlers, I think it's a waste. I think it's too hot in the summer to be walking miles pushing a stroller and the fact that the kiddie are is in the back of the park does not help matters. You def. want to take a stroller that folds quicky to board the SkyRide to get you accross the park more quickly and yet it needs to be big enough to carry all of your "stuff". Bring snacks because prices can get high if you eat there every meal for a few days. Also, shade is hard to find.
However, I highly reccomend Water Country USA. This is included in most of the "park hopper" type tickets. They have 3 different kiddie areas, plus other things for kids like the wave pool and lazy river. While it too is hot, it's not as much ground to cover and there's always water close by to cool you off. I reccomend a stroller still, even if it's just for all of your towels an such.
If I were an out of towner, I'd hit the water park during the day and BG at night, the best of both worlds so to speak. Or pick a not so hot month to visit. Grumpy, hot, and sleepy 2 year olds are not fun to deal with when you're hot and miserable yourself.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:58 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,562 times
I disagree with the above posters. I think Busch Gardens is very toddler capable. They have a great Dragon Area for the little ones to just run around and explore and play in a spalsh pond area. There are age appropriate rides throughout the park, and plenty of shows to take a break and relax.

There are plenty of hotels around that are easy on the budget.

Shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia