Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM

7 posts, read 36,389 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

My girlfriend lives in NoVa and for the time being I'm in SoCal. Im planning to fly out to visit her during the week of Valentine's Day. Its going to be a surprise. I received an offer for a weekend package in Virginia Beach. Now I realize VB is about a 3hr drive from NoVa, but Im not worried about that. Im just wondering if VB would make a romantic weekend getaway for valentines day weekend? Are there any classy/romantic places for dancing & drinks? Please advise with your recommendations.

Also, if not VB, can someone recommend some romantic spots in DC/NoVa for dinner/dancing/drinks? Appreciate your guys' input!

Thanks.

Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 AM

111 posts, read 427,501 times
I'm not sure I would classify Va Beach as romantic, especially if you are used to SoCal. It's very commercial and very slow this time of year. You might want to consider a trip to a small town along one of the many rivers that flows into the Chespeake Bay - Tappahannock, Warsaw, The Tides Inn (I would think very romantic), Yorktown. They are closer than Va Beach and more of a unique experience. I'm sure others on this forum know many more areas.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 36,389 times
Thanks for the input. If anyone else has any suggestions, Im open to them.

Eric

Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,051 times
my husband and I go for our anneversay every other year or so the va beach. They do have the commercial strip that runs in front of the hotels, but the beach side has a really nice boardwalk that runs the whole strip so you can walk that and see the ocean if you don't want to walk on the sand, and some of the hotel have cafe's that you can stop and get drinks at that connect to the back of the differant hotels. They have nice seafood resteraunts and have several clubs/bars off the main strip. The hilton has the sky bar that is really nice(upper scale club). Hope you have a good visit!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM

15,110 posts, read 27,576,329 times
Kudos to you for doing a surprise! If you have an offer for a package and it's a good deal, I say go for it. It's just so romantic to be taken away. There will be some restaurants, etc. open. Have your own plan: get some champagne, some strawberries or rose petals, etc. - bring some good c/d's w/you (not sure how to wink) - It actually will probably (depending on the weather) only be about 2 1/2 hrs.) Just to get away is romantic in itself. (maybe pick up a nice looking teddy or something?)

Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM

10 posts, read 47,351 times
Default Virginia Beach - Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day article was on a Virginia Beach VA Tourism Website at Virginia Beach VA - Vacation Rentals Hotels Oceanfront Discounts

Valentine's Day is February 14th, so you need to be thinking about how to romance that special someone in your life. Chocolates? Jewelry? Flowers? Romantic Dinner? Or maybe a weekend getaway to a beautiful beach?

If you're thinking of a romantic getaway with time to stroll along the beach hand-in-hand, Virginia Beach has many options that couples will love! From smaller beach cottages and condos... to quaint B & B Inns... to beautiful Hotel suites along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. Looking for a top-rated hotel accommodation in the resort area? You may want to check out all the fabulous amenities at the premier Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hilton Hotel at 31st Street - it's first class all the way, and they even have Spas, Indoor Pool, nearby Shoppes, and also several restaurants and clubs on site. This hotel is also home to our own King Neptune Bronze Statue - a colossal 34-foot high piece of art that is so realistic... The King appears to have just risen from the depths of the great Atlantic Ocean. No matter what you do on Valentines Day, we hope you have an unforgettable time spending it in Virginia Beach.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO40GAWLF View Post
Hey Guys,

My girlfriend lives in NoVa and for the time being I'm in SoCal. Im planning to fly out to visit her during the week of Valentine's Day. Its going to be a surprise. I received an offer for a weekend package in Virginia Beach. Now I realize VB is about a 3hr drive from NoVa, but Im not worried about that. Im just wondering if VB would make a romantic weekend getaway for valentines day weekend? Are there any classy/romantic places for dancing & drinks? Please advise with your recommendations.

Also, if not VB, can someone recommend some romantic spots in DC/NoVa for dinner/dancing/drinks? Appreciate your guys' input!

Thanks.

Eric
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia