U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,669,730 times

Advertisements

I was in Lynchburg over the weekend visiting friends and my husband and i decided that we would most definetly think about moving there from nj. We are very laid back people we dont like material things and we love to ride motorcycles so with that said does anyone know where we should not go in lynchburg,the area we were in was right off of 501. we have 2 girls 9 and 17 which we are waiting for my oldelst to graduate before we move. she has one more year. so school is most important. im in real estate and finances so im sure i'll find employment. any input would be great.

eagerly waiting to leave this ****hole in jersey
deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 01:44 PM

97 posts, read 450,599 times
I moved to Lynchburg about a year and a half ago after living in Roanoke, VA Beach, and Norfolk. Lynchburg is a great place to live, maybe almost as nice as Roanoke. Depending on your interests however, you may be able to find places around Lynchburg that may better suit you other than right in the city. I'm 25 and coming from the beach I was used to a nightlife. The nightlife in Lynchburg is poor, afterall this is the home to Jerry Falwell. I love the outdoors and motorcycles as well, so I bought my first house - a 10 acre farm in neighboring Amherst County with a pond for 130G's!!! Its a couple of miles from the Blue Ridge PKwy and next to the George Washington Nat'l Forest... Snow Skiing, hunting, 4x4, fishing & swimming, mountains, App. Trail, etc. I LOVE IT, but its 15min. from any type of shop.

Other places to check out in this area are -

Bedford County (between Lynchburg & Roanoke)
Timberlake Area (SW of city)
Rustburg (S of Lburg)
Madison Heights (in Amherst, NE of Lburg)
Wyndhurst Area (N of Timberlake)(W of Lburg)
Boonsboro

Avoid:
Downtown Lburg

Hope this helps

Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,669,730 times
Default lynchburg

yes i understand about being away from the nightlife. we are not big bar people or nor do we like to dance but we would be ok with driving 15 min to get to a store. i lived in az for 5 years and we were 30 min from anything so im kinda used to it..

thanks for your input. and your property sounds nice. anymore around there like that? how about realtors in that area?

deb

Old 11-17-2006, 07:06 AM

97 posts, read 450,599 times
I tried to reply to you with some information regarding the REaltor I used, but it was removed... must not be able to "advertise" someone who did a great service for me. Anyway, try the LynchburgMLS site, which you can search for on google... or try the main RE company in Amherst. They can probably give you more ideas about where to look. Good Luck

Old 11-21-2006, 07:34 PM

61 posts, read 161,984 times
I lived in Bedford County for a year at Smith Mountain Lake. My wife and I have owned a lakefront condo there for the last 5 years. It is great for sightseeing and motorcycling. Only reason I moved to Greensboro, NC was because I work near Danville and the commute from the Lake was too much. We are both Hunterdon County, NJ natives.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 PM

12 posts, read 31,480 times
I think Amherst, Bedford, Forest, Wyndhurst, Boonsboro,Timberlake.. nice places, good schools. If you're used to driving 30 minutes away then you could live in the country if you wanted to.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 PM

24 posts, read 35,720 times
I was born in lynchburg in 87', lived here until 95' (moved to Newark DE)...came back in 98'. I then moved to Spartanburg SC in 2000, came back in 2001. There is my introduction, so on the the Lynchburg facts. This city is really what you make it. Most of the residents choose to stay inside, go out to eat and spend time at Lowes and Walmart. You have business oriented individuals who live like people i know from up north,fast paced lifestyles or whatnot. The "ghetto" that many people tend to speak about isn't a ghetto at all. It is actually neighborhoods of less fortunate individuals who make a living the best way they can. They do what they have to do to survive. This city has "big-city qualities" and "small town comfort". Also racist cops, and idiot leaders downtown. A city with so much potential would blossom with the right leadership and more opportunities for the youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia