Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,065 times

Advertisements

on I-95 while coming back to Richmond,VA from New Jersey. The cop clocked me going 86mph over 65mph speed limit, and apparently everything over 80mph is considered reckless driving, which as the cop stated. And summoned to appear in Caroline County. Please let me know what might be my fine for the same. And how can I reduce it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,382 times
Talking Slow down :-)

Slow down! It really depends on your driving history wether they reduce it or not.. Never gotten a ticket so unsure on how much you are looking at..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao_VA View Post
on I-95 while coming back to Richmond,VA from New Jersey. The cop clocked me going 86mph over 65mph speed limit, and apparently everything over 80mph is considered reckless driving, which as the cop stated. And summoned to appear in Caroline County. Please let me know what might be my fine for the same. And how can I reduce it.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,075 times
Hey, I recently got a ticket on I-95 for the same thing, except I was going 88. I see you never got a good answer and it looks like this was last year so I was hoping you could answer your own question for me.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,881 times
Upfront disclosure: I am a lawyer. Based on your facts, you will be fined approximately $5 for every mile over the speed limit. Technically, the maximum fine is $2500. You are facing a criminal charge if convicted of reckless driving. Reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor. Depending on the facts of your case, driving behaviour, prior driving history, interaction with the police officer and other facts, you may have your license suspended. Consider at a minimum, talking to a lawyer. You can reach us at 888-437-7747. Good luck. Hope this answers your question. This answer is not meant to be a complete analysis of your case or the providing of legal advice.

Last edited by Sris Law Group; 12-29-2010 at 03:34 AM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: