U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 06:56 AM

23,587 posts, read 33,342,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Unless you discriminate against those who do not agree with you, huh? Maybe your governor does not discriminate against anybody. 27 other states have similar laws to North Carolina. If we do business with the companies of those states alone and we are the 9th largest state in population so I think we will have plenty of people to do business with. Since that leaves only 23 states that do not have these laws, what if we decide to start boycotting businesses located in those states. Boycotts are dumb and never work. But enjoy badmouthing our fine state.

If the only thing you can find fault with North Carolina is that we don't allow communal showering of people in different genders, I am not going to be concerned with any business lost by it. No company that is worth its salt is going to find a problem with common sense laws in a state. Why doesn't Virginia want to protect its women and children? You seem to have an awful lot of young girls disappearing. Maybe you need to think about protecting them better.
The only people that most Trans people are an actual threat to are people who want to impose their outdated religious beliefs on others. There is no epidemic of Trans male to female folks kidnapping and raping females. That argument holds no water.

North Carolina is a great state but the idiots are running the asylum down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 02:19 PM

1,966 posts, read 1,173,199 times
What's next a ban of Wal=mart for selling so many Chinese goods, let alone goods made by many countries with horrible human rights records. And Virginia's oil comes from where? Bruce Springstein didn't have any problem with Zimbabwe or India...I wonder how he feels about the strict "tailgating" rules at Fedex Field, lol.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:09 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,220,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner222 View Post
I am glad the Governor has recognized these issues but he cannot seem to persuade the backward thinking members of the
General Assembly to become more business forward. At least for now we are not headed down the road of no return like
NC and their homophobic citizenry.
Too bad the governor didn't recognize the issues that I raised in my earlier post. How about more time spent on business development to help Virginia? That's what most Virginians want from their governor.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:42 PM

405 posts, read 182,783 times
https://youtu.be/uzwMJAFWLtQ

Old 04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,843,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The only people that most Trans people are an actual threat to are people who want to impose their outdated religious beliefs on others. There is no epidemic of Trans male to female folks kidnapping and raping females. That argument holds no water.

North Carolina is a great state but the idiots are running the asylum down there.
If you are talking about the Charlotte city council, I agree. Our governor is very intelligent and level headed. I have no worries about the welfare of our state with the current people in office on the state level. Charlotte has always been a problem of liberalism that our state has to endure. I live thirty miles away and never go there unless it is to get my teeth cleaned. Charlotte has a good water supply and good medical and many pretty flowering trees. Their government has always been a problem. We used to live there and left rather than have to deal with the instability.

As for the Charlotte bathroom laws, you need to check on what is happening in other states that have similar laws. Perverts are using the laws to take advantage of innocent children and they cannot be arrested because the crazy bathroom laws protect them. You are very wrong in not thinking Charlotte's law is harmful. Only an idiot would think it is all right for men to get to prey on women and children in public restrooms.

Last edited by NCN; 04-12-2016 at 08:23 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 10:54 PM

92 posts, read 154,324 times
So because you don't agree with a law in another state you want our governor to ban travel there? You are aware that he has no authority to mandate your movements in a situation like this. Just silly.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:37 PM

150 posts, read 150,282 times
Banning travel? Oh please. You liberals are just like Nazis.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM

8,074 posts, read 9,519,182 times
The way people post we will need a flow chart to determine if (a) a person can travel with a location, (b) is the industry worthy of looking at (c) are the local politics acceptable and (d) is there any other issue not addressed by a-c?
Something of this complexity comes to mind...

Old 06-21-2016, 05:49 AM

549 posts, read 567,431 times
As much as I detest HB2, I hope he won't. North Carolinians love Virginia, and I think the reverse is true, too.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,220,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

Wonder how the North Carolina governor thinks of how Virginia's Mickey is doing by having to reverse his reversal of voter rights to convicted felons that are still in prison for serious felonies?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7a0_story.html

The post had to struggle with putting this article together and no idea how their photographer managed to hold it together for the article's photo taken in an American Legion of all places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or