Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,868 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find an apartment that will let me take my Pit Bull with me. I've had no luck yet and no luck with finding a house for rent that allows these dogs as well. My dog is the most gentle and well behaved dogs I've ever come across and its a shame all dogs of this breed are prejudged. If anyone knows of anywhere in Newport News that accepts "aggressive" breed dogs, please clue me in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 02:20 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times
The reputation of course comes from moronic owners of Pits/Rotts and so on. When you see one being walked on a chain you can pretty much bet this is one of the dogs that legislatures are worried about. It's a shame because Pits most certainly are great dogs. Same with Rotts. You may be fighting a losing battle but you'll find something. The insurance industry is making it tough for businesses such as apartment complexes.

You might try contacting this organization and see if they have any suggestions for you.

American Pit Bull Foundation

Old 05-26-2016, 10:08 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,054 times
I don't think anyone who would have a large dog in a small apartment with no yard would be considered a "good owner."

Old 05-27-2016, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I don't think anyone who would have a large dog in a small apartment with no yard would be considered a "good owner."

Old 05-27-2016, 03:39 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,220,896 times
Go to this FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/bully...1132419596643/
Scroll down to item #12 for a local resource.

You may want to search around on Ring Dog Rescue or communicate with them.
Ring Dog Rescue

There are good dog owners in apartments with dogs, large and small, just as there are bad dog owners with a 1,000 acres and a huge mansion.

Good luck to the OP.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:14 PM

496 posts, read 466,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Actually, most large dogs do well in an apartment because most large dogs are pretty laid back and lack most of the high drive that dogs like Australian Sheperds and Border Collies that have to go go go. I have Rotts and English Mastiffs and although I live on 15 acres in the country, they are quite content to hang in the house with me.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:12 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,776,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
Actually, most large dogs do well in an apartment because most large dogs are pretty laid back and lack most of the high drive that dogs like Australian Sheperds and Border Collies that have to go go go. I have Rotts and English Mastiffs and although I live on 15 acres in the country, they are quite content to hang in the house with me.
This is completely correct of course. Idiots and their yard comments...

If you have a dog that needs a yard, get a yard. This tends to correlate inversely with size.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:17 PM

496 posts, read 466,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesaf3 View Post
This is completely correct of course. Idiots and their yard comments...

If you have a dog that needs a yard, get a yard. This tends to correlate inversely with size.
Exactly. My English Mastiff, Sonoma, was quite content to just lie in the grass and soak up the sun. Her tail going a mile a minute was how she did her daily exercise. LOL.

And it's not just the breed you have to consider. My Rottie ***** has a really nice medium size drive. She loves to work and play but can also chill and hang on the couch. Some Rotts are all couch potato (although not terribly common) and some need to hike 10 miles a day to ware them down.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 AM

hal roach likes to hit and run and doesn't back when he's been corrected in his/her goofy comments.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,054 times
Rottweiler F. A. Q. | Rottweiler Club of CanadaRottweiler Club of Canada

"Obviously, a large, fenced yard would be the most ideal."

Hey BigFoot, did they let you play with the siren, or just the radio?
Attached Thumbnails
No Breed Restrictions- Pitts Allowed-chief-day-3.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia