Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 12:23 PM

10 posts, read 11,888 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Has anybody moved from Phoenix,AZ to VA ? How do you feel about getting adjusted to the 2 complete different climates/lifestyles? Which in your opinion is better place to live. I wanna badly move to VA...need a strong reason to convince my husband.I dont like it here, the dry heat,scorpions...the list goes on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 04:18 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,348,700 times
Yuma to SOVA, 2 years ago....love our small, no stoplight town, green most of the year, no dust, but on the other hand there is humidity and snow. No scorpions, but Copperheads instead. Live 1 mile from a huuuuuge lake, lots of fish, and rarely see a dozen boats on the lake.....and no water shortage to worry about. Mountains are pretty, but miss the wide open spaces where you can see forever, can't see sunrise or sunset colors due to the trees...which means copious amounts of leaves to deal with in the fall. Really miss Food City fresh, affordable fruits and veggies, fresh tortillas, authentic Mexican food, Hatch Chilis, Smart and Final Tri-tip roast....but farmers markets are in every town, apple orchards in the mountains. I guess the trade off is better BBQ here. Housing is more affordable here, old large historic homes are available in every small town (just look at a VA map, pick a small town, google "real estate for sale in xyz"). Or this web site. ... Active Listing Real Estate Guide.

More questions ?

Regards
Gemstone1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia