U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 03:23 PM

6,555 posts, read 10,844,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Really lovely. thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 09:28 AM

6 posts, read 6,482 times
Please come visit Shenandoah County! It's perfect here!

Old 11-27-2016, 05:40 AM

2,410 posts, read 3,057,050 times
Minnesota eh? is fishing important ? If so, look at SOVA, and the area surrounding Kerr (car) Lake known in VA as Buggs Island Lake. Smaller hospitals and shopping are within easy reach, large hospitals/major metro area shopping, just a little farther south.....oh, yeah, and if it is important, less snow than NOVA.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 11-27-2016, 05:50 AM

4 posts, read 8,624 times
Lynchburg was highly rated in a magazine article I read.....but Winchester, the crime rate has skyrocketed. I wouldn't go there.... Northern VA is nice, awesome amenities, health care, etc.... Chantilly is nice. Shopping is great too.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 AM

6,555 posts, read 10,844,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingSweet View Post
Lynchburg was highly rated in a magazine article I read.....but Winchester, the crime rate has skyrocketed. I wouldn't go there.... Northern VA is nice, awesome amenities, health care, etc.... Chantilly is nice. Shopping is great too.
From Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Winchester, Virginia, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, is 19. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 41.4.

Bold is mine. Like many places across the US the use of Heroin is on the climb but this is a problems in the best areas across the country. Crime in Winchester has not skyrocketed.

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 03:27 AM..

Old 11-27-2016, 07:40 AM

4,510 posts, read 2,961,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingSweet View Post
but Winchester, the crime rate has skyrocketed. I wouldn't go there....
Take a trip to Danville. You'll feel better about Winchester afterwards.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:55 AM

2,410 posts, read 3,057,050 times
To assist in your search: one real estate magazine
and another....oops, one more.

Last edited by gemstone1; 11-27-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2016, 06:33 PM

62 posts, read 50,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LirpaKooz View Post
Please come visit Shenandoah County! It's perfect here!
Thank you, LirpaKooz. We're planning a trip out to the area in March and will surely give it a look.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:39 PM

62 posts, read 50,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Minnesota eh? is fishing important ? If so, look at SOVA, and the area surrounding Kerr (car) Lake known in VA as Buggs Island Lake. Smaller hospitals and shopping are within easy reach, large hospitals/major metro area shopping, just a little farther south.....oh, yeah, and if it is important, less snow than NOVA.

Regards
Gemstone1
Fishing? No, not really. Looking more for the mountain area anyway, thanks so much, though.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:59 AM

6 posts, read 6,482 times
MinnBen, the hospital in Winchester has an excellent reputation, as does the one in Fishersville (Augusta Hospital), however, the one in Rockingham County (Sentara RMH) has many horror stories and a negative reputation. Please be careful and read reviews. Also, I thought UVA in Charlottesville was top notch until I went there and was not helped for my health issue whatsoever, but of course I still had to pay thousands for a visit that did nothing for me. And later my friend told me how she was forever harmed by the surgeons there. She walked in for back surgery, but UVA nicked a part of her spinal column and she came out in a wheelchair and has been stuck in it ever since. Her back pain was not resolved, and she cannot use her legs anymore. She called and called but never received a response from the hospital. They know they messed up and somehow managed to avoid follow up. She didn't know about compensation for medical errors and now it's too late. But UVA did save my friend's life from sepsis, so that is positive! Richmond hospital has an excellent reputation but the area is overpopulated.

We came to Virginia from out-of-state, back in 2012, and just love it here. Wonderful people. Harrisonburg is a fast-growing city, so we moved to the quiet pace of Shenandoah County and are very happy now. Peaceful area with beauty all around. This may sound odd, but if you look at the obituaries around here, people live to a ripe old age! (80s & 90s)! I wish you safe travels as you come for a visit. Bless you in your retirement, may you enjoy many good years ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or