Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:51 PM

895 posts, read 2,089,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
D
Really? It was pretty clear to me. Creatiing a false equivalency on the scale that you did shows nothing short of strong bromance between you and McDonnell. Nothing else explains your take on things.
strongly disliked him. We probably agree on that, but as members of the forum family, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest. You did gain some respect with inclusion of bromance in your reply!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:01 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,188,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
It's apparent who the party hacks are here.

The job creation has been real and pretty evenly spread across the commonwealth. He has been aggressive about opening new markets for Virginia products (think Cuba). See the link below for one of the initiatives he has spearheaded.

With regards to transportation, he has made transactions and awards at VDOT the most transparent of any administration. The loss of the Chinese paper company in Chesterfield is shameful, but to compare it to McDonald's 460 fiasco shows a complete disregard of facts on your behalf.

I will submit that most governors of Virginia do a decent job of attracting business to the commonwealth. We are, after all, a pretty enticing state for many reasons (workforce readiness, location, transportation). But not all are champions of basic human rights. This is where, for me, McAuliffe has been excellent and exceeds my expectations.

https://www.vamaritime.com/news/2415...ance-VITAL.htm

It sure is.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,020,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
It sure is.
Then McAuliffe should be a show-in. Do we even need an election?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:52 AM

8,663 posts, read 22,839,384 times
I do not care for this Governor at all.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,391,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnBen View Post
Sure. No problem.

In the late part of the 18th Century, when the Constitution was being debated, the white (voting) population of the north was larger than the white population in the south. If black votes were added in, the south would have an advantage, but clearly that was not going to happen. However the convention had already decided that for representation purposed, slaves would count as 3/5 of a person, even though they were not voting. So while the south would lose in a popular vote election, by using the electoral college (that was based on representation and, thus, included 3/5 of the slaves), the south had an advantage. Consequently, four of the first five U.S. Presidents were from the south.

Here are a couple of sources for you:

Election 2016: The Real Reason the Electoral College Exists | Time.com

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...khil-reed-amar
OK, two things here. One is that I love Simplicity and Common Sense. If the above had any merit to it, then why aren't the Democrats in Power screaming it and bringing it to the Table?

As well as the Black Community. Why aren't those in Power also screaming it and bringing it to the Table?

Second. The two links that you listed above are two left-leaning Liberal sites.

Now here are 2 quick sites that I found that de-bunk the above quote and yes they are Conservative sites, but also keep in mind my first statement that I wrote above:

(Note: Before reading the 2nd link, I just want to say that there are some harsh words there. I want to personally say that I mean no offense to anyone in any way, shape or form).

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...rotect-slavery

Killing The Electoral College Is A Dumb Idea Pushed By Ignorant People

Old 04-20-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
McAuliffe had no reason to restore voting rights to felons under the guise of restoring only the " mild" felonies but not the harsh ones. Really? Who is determining that measuring stick?

Barring voting rights from felons was another way to condemn and dissuade criminals to commit felonies. Giving them all back their voting rights does not help send that message. Criminal sentences by the nature are a public incentive for others to not commit a life of crime.
Well stated.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM

The bottom line for McAulliffe trying to restore felon's rights to vote was just a poor attempt for him to try to make sure Virginia went Blue for his good friend Hillary. In my opinion, it was embarrassingly obvious and for him to try to sell it to Virginians like he did just showed how shallow he is.

Funny as it worked out that Virginia went Blue anyway, just about, and Hillary lost anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia