U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2018, 06:10 AM
 
312 posts, read 215,430 times
Reputation: 321

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
...Lol says someone who just wasted a whole post on attacking my character and ability to speak, rather than contributing anything rational to the conversation.

Good riddance, troll.
Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
Maybe you’d realize that if you didn’t bury yourself in USA Today, CNN and NY Times commentary all day.

Here's a tip: When someone (you) has maneuvered an entire thread leaving nothing behind but a trail of conjecture, unsubstantiated assertions (no matter how vehemently stated) and insults, it's not a great idea to try and insult someone (me) by insinuating she's been spending too much time educating herself on the issues.

Get a newspaper. Read it (not just the funnies), Repeat. It really is just. that. simple.

Last edited by Isabella Tiger Moth; 01-03-2018 at 06:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2018, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Fair Oaks, Virginia
39 posts, read 27,315 times
Reputation: 152
LOL Once again, you’ve managed to say absolutely nothing in your post, except “I’m educated because I read biased left wing spin rags and you’re uneducated because you discredit my ostensibly flawed sources”.

I have surgically dismantled every argument you threw at me, and you can only manage to respond with hot air. I’ll take that as a submission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 AM
 
312 posts, read 215,430 times
Reputation: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
LOL Once again, you’ve managed to say absolutely nothing in your post, except “I’m educated because I read biased left wing spin rags and you’re uneducated because you discredit my ostensibly flawed sources”.

I have surgically dismantled every argument you threw at me, and you can only manage to respond with hot air. I’ll take that as a submission.
You haven't discredited anything. All you've done is blown a lot of hot air. You've cited no sources, you've given no reasonable arguments, you've sourced nothing of credibility.

Do you get paid by the word or by the post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Fair Oaks, Virginia
39 posts, read 27,315 times
Reputation: 152
Classic troll tactic- inhale everything I say, then blow it back onto me. You almost mirrored my entire post, all the way down to the "hot air" comment.

Perhaps I should start getting paid by people like you, for my material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 02:33 PM
 
312 posts, read 215,430 times
Reputation: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
Classic troll tactic- inhale everything I say, then blow it back onto me. You almost mirrored my entire post, all the way down to the "hot air" comment.

Perhaps I should start getting paid by people like you, for my material.
Still waiting for those sources, reasonable arguments, or anything else of credibility you might have to actually back up what you say...

Did you buy a newspaper yet? Here's a good one. And it's free! (You'd have to spring for the actual book, though.)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff

Looks like even the conservatives are turning on each other.

(I'm out, by the way. But feel free to keep yammering on. There are always weak minded fools who'll be convinced by your kind of talk. And who won't even notice that it actually says nothing.)

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Fair Oaks, Virginia
39 posts, read 27,315 times
Reputation: 152
Classic troll tactic, part 2- Proclaim a monopoly on “credible sources”, renounce the authenticity of anything that discredits your bogus arguments, then arrogantly storm out of the conversation with a false sense of victory. Lol

Your insecurity is glaring through the screen with your “ignorant people will be convinced by you” comment. Like most liberals, you yearn for being perceived as intellectually and morally superior, so the thought of being unmasked as a closed minded, sophistical fraud terrifies you.

But I know how much having the last word must mean to you, so I doubt this will actually be the last I hear from you. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, though. Don’t comment back. Show us how you keep promises, ol enlightened one. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,325,566 times
Reputation: 6467
Virginia is a well educated state. I can't see them slouching towards trumptism any time soon.

Thy are too sophisticated for trump's nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Fair Oaks, Virginia
39 posts, read 27,315 times
Reputation: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Virginia is a well educated state. I can't see them slouching towards trumptism any time soon.

Thy are too sophisticated for trump's nonsense.
Respectable opinion, but I think your interpretation is a bit shallow. Trump may be a huge turnoff for the moderate Republicans in the counties surrounding D.C., but almost everywhere else, there was massive enthusiasm for him in 2016. Remember, he only lost Virginia by 5 points, led the state the entire night, and was denied victory by last minute reporting from Fairfax County.

Again, it was only 4 years ago that the New York Times (and many other news outlets) characterized Virginia as a “traditionally deep conservative state”. What you saw in the past two years was the result of already deep blue areas of the state buying into the anti-Trump hysteria and being energized to “resist” against anyone emanating from the same party as him. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nobody jumped ship, the conservative nature of Virginia is not being eroded, and Democrats are not poised to “dominate” the state in the long run. Burying yourself in the writings of CNN, and Newsweek editors (like SOME people in this thread) might give one that impression, but you seem smart enough to know that’s not the reality.

In 2012,

Obama won Fairfax County with 260k votes to Romney’s 173k, won Richmond with 71k votes to Romney’s 19k, won Arlington county with 81k votes to Romney’s 31k, won Loudoun County with 81k votes to Romney’s 74k, and Prince William County with 103k votes to Romney’s 71k. Romney won Virginia Beach with 99k votes, to Obama’s 94k, won Tazewell County with 13k votes to Obama’s 3k, and won Augusta County with 23k votes to Obama’s 9k.

In 2016, Clinton won Fairfax County with 355k votes to Trump’s 157k, Arlington with 92k to Trump’s 20k, Prince William with 113k to Trump’s 71k, Richmond with 81k to Trump’s 15k, and Loudoun with 100k to Trump’s 69k. Trump won Virginia Beach with 98k votes to clinton’s 91k, Tazewell County with 15k to Clinton’s 2k, and Augusta County with 26k to clinton’s 8k.

It’s obvious that Fairfax County adding almost 100,000 voters in 2016 and other deep blue counties adding up to 20k more voters is the SOLE reason behind Clinton and other Dems winning here. Everywhere else in the state has either stayed as conservative as they were before or got slightly more red.

Last edited by MixxDiddy; 01-03-2018 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: Changed “bolstered into victory” to “denied victory”. Oops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, Commonwealth of Virginia
1,608 posts, read 1,096,935 times
Reputation: 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
California and New York have more homeless people than entire medium sized cities, are hundreds of billions of dollars in debt, sit at the unfavorable half of unemployment rate rankings, have seen tens of thousands of businesses relocate to red states, are massively unaffordable, and have more people moving out than in. But keep telling me about how people are attracted to these places because of bogus liberal policies. Bring me ten people who have ever moved to any state because they’re eager to pay higher taxes, adhere to more regulations, and pay more money for virtually everything. Having spent extensive time in both states, many people living there are DESPERATE to leave.

Your sweeping, bigoted definition of conservatism exemplifies the sophistical, “wise fool” nature of liberals. You drench yourselves in the ideological echo chambers and self affirming doctrines at your universities and artistic indulgences under the guise of “intellectual enrichment” or “expanding your horizons”, but you’re the most closed minded, deluded people occupying this planet.

That explains why you believe state GDP, median income, educational attainment, or “premier city” status indicates livability or general quality of life. There’s loads of unhappy people living in Santa Monica, and perfectly satisfied residents of Jackson, MS.

That explains why you accuse conservatives of being unattracted to the humanities, arts, science and journalism. You conflate aversion to ideas dogmatically corrupted by left wing bias with unadulterated disdain for these things as a whole because you believe liberals have a monopoly on those things.

I see right through you. You substitute real life experience for artifical affirmations of your pre conceived superiority.
1. Los Angeles County has 58,000 homeless people. In a county of over 10 million with great weather, that's neither surprising nor unexpected. It's well known that the homeless try to relocate to warmer climates. And thankfully California provides more social programs to help them rebuild their lives. New York City also has 58,000 homeless. Again, in a city of 8.5 million people that's a regional magnet for the homeless, that's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just happy they've found themselves in states with robust social programs so they can fix their lives.

2) Every state has budget problems. I lived in Oklahoma for twenty years. The state is going bankrupt and funding for schools is drying up (some schools are only open for 4 days a week). Same in Kansas, and Arkansas, and Missouri and Mississippi and Alabama and Louisiana. So it's a specious argument. The only distinction between California and New York is that they have robust economies that can boost revenues, whereas the rest are in a race to the bottom.

3) You are a conservative, no? What is the cause of massive unaffordability? It's basic Economics 101. High demand, low supply. So clearly California and New York can't be doing too badly if everyone wants to move there.

4) Your second paragraph is more right-wing snowflake crybaby bull****. I don't care about your feelings or your victim complex. You have no problems stereotyping all Blue areas as Detroit. So I don't have any problems stereotyping all Red areas as West Virginia. When you stop with the juvenile hypocrisy, then maybe I'll care a bit more about your wittle fweelings. I couldn't care less about offending right-wingers, who have spent decades attacking and marginalizing every minority group in this country - from women, to the LGBT to people of color to the working-class to the urban poor and the young and the educated. Save your crocodile tears for someone who cares.

5) I have no need to hear you barf out Ayn Rand quotes and preach to us the gospel of Conservatism. I lived in a 80% Republican suburb for 20 years. I was force fed the same bull**** on a daily basis. And then I traveled the world and I saw for my own eyes that the whole ideology of Conservatism (that the U.S. is the greatest country in the world and that capitalism and religion are the hallmarks of success) is nothing but a cruel joke. I could never understand how right-wingers would go to church on Sunday, repeat over and over again "For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home" and then they go and vote to cut social programs for the poor, the hungry and the thirsty. And then they attack foreigners! The strangers. Or how they would hold sermons on the Golden Rule while treating homosexuals with utter contempt. To be a Conservative is to be a shameless hypocrite. There's really nothing more to it!

I traveled to 40 countries over 3 years and realized that Conservatism is a mental disorder, the U.S. has suffered for 30 years because of this mental disorder and our country will continue to decline so long as the right-wingers stay in charge. Thank goodness my fellow Millennials agree! And thank goodness Virginia agrees. Nova is almost a Conservative-free zone after Ralph Northam and the Democrats' landslide win in November. In 2018 we get rid of Barbara Comstock and then we aim for Tim Hugo again. And then we can finally rid the region of the right-wing. Can't wait!

6) Your third paragraph is just weak insults. Trump's budget eliminated the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, cut funding for science and now Trump wants to present the "most corrupt media awards," undermining our free press. It's obvious the GOP loathes critical thinking.

7) I don't care that you think you "see right through me." I honestly couldn't give two farts what you think, or whatever justifications you tell yourself at night to make you feel better for voting for the scummy, disgusting and morally bankrupt GOP. The fact that you can't let others comment in this thread without barfing up lame insults in response suggests you lack the same mental fortitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, Commonwealth of Virginia
1,608 posts, read 1,096,935 times
Reputation: 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxDiddy View Post
Respectable opinion, but I think your interpretation is a bit shallow. Trump may be a huge turnoff for the moderate Republicans in the counties surrounding D.C., but almost everywhere else, there was massive enthusiasm for him in 2016. Remember, he only lost Virginia by 5 points, led the state the entire night, and was denied victory by last minute reporting from Fairfax County.

Again, it was only 4 years ago that the New York Times (and many other news outlets) characterized Virginia as a “traditionally deep conservative state”. What you saw in the past two years was the result of already deep blue areas of the state buying into the anti-Trump hysteria and being energized to “resist” against anyone emanating from the same party as him. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nobody jumped ship, the conservative nature of Virginia is not being eroded, and Democrats are not poised to “dominate” the state in the long run. Burying yourself in the writings of CNN, and Newsweek editors (like SOME people in this thread) might give one that impression, but you seem smart enough to know that’s not the reality.

In 2012,

Obama won Fairfax County with 260k votes to Romney’s 173k, won Richmond with 71k votes to Romney’s 19k, won Arlington county with 81k votes to Romney’s 31k, won Loudoun County with 81k votes to Romney’s 74k, and Prince William County with 103k votes to Romney’s 71k. Romney won Virginia Beach with 99k votes, to Obama’s 94k, won Tazewell County with 13k votes to Obama’s 3k, and won Augusta County with 23k votes to Obama’s 9k.

In 2016, Clinton won Fairfax County with 355k votes to Trump’s 157k, Arlington with 92k to Trump’s 20k, Prince William with 113k to Trump’s 71k, Richmond with 81k to Trump’s 15k, and Loudoun with 100k to Trump’s 69k. Trump won Virginia Beach with 98k votes to clinton’s 91k, Tazewell County with 15k to Clinton’s 2k, and Augusta County with 26k to clinton’s 8k.

It’s obvious that Fairfax County adding almost 100,000 voters in 2016 and other deep blue counties adding up to 20k more voters is the SOLE reason behind Clinton and other Dems winning here. Everywhere else in the state has either stayed as conservative as they were before or got slightly more red.
And if you subtract all of the Democrats, Virginia voted for Trump! And if you pretend Nova doesn't exist, Trump wins! And if you pretend the rednecks in Bristol all get 100 votes, Trump wins! And if Tangier Island had 10,000,000 people Trump wins! And if you squint and Nova leaves your peripheral vision, Trump wins! And if you only count the Charlottesville Neo-Nazis and the Liberty University cultists who failed to get admitted to a better school, Trump wins!

Jesus Christ, are you this desperate?

FACT #1: Trump lost Northern Virginia
FACT #2: Trump lost the Richmond Metro Area
FACT #3: Trump lost the Hampton Roads Metro Area

Trump actually lost the corresponding (and even bigger) TV markets as well:



Your obsession with Nova is bizarre and disturbing. Ralph Northam just won Chesterfield County for the first time in decades and you're flailing about trying to use fuzzy elementary school math to pretend Republicans are wildly popular outside Nova. In reality, the GOP is in decline not just in Nova but in Richmond, in Hampton Roads, in Charlottesville, in Harrisonburg, and in Blacksburg.

Last edited by manitopiaaa; 01-03-2018 at 11:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top