U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 01-19-2018, 01:45 PM
8 posts, read 4,875 times
Reputation: 23


A construction company that I signed a contract with damaged my house and now to prove that I need a construction expert that is willing to testify in court against them. Where could i find such people since i have been unable to do so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Location: Boston
7,856 posts, read 2,281,458 times
Reputation: 5576
contact an attorney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2018, 06:35 AM
7,961 posts, read 9,707,867 times
Reputation: 14014
Are you having trouble finding an expert, or are you having trouble finding an expert willing to testify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 05:12 AM
Location: Roanoke, VA
1,765 posts, read 3,261,287 times
Reputation: 1041
I agree with Skeddy - contact an attorney. Attorneys who handle construction defect cases have experts that they work with. These are often complicated cases. Expert witness fees are not cheap. If your contract has an arbitration clause in it, you may not even have the option to litigate in court.

How much damage was caused? From a practical standpoint, you may wind up spending more in legal fees and costs than what it would cost you to fix the damage out of your own pocketbook.

Two suggestions that are less costly. File a complaint with the Dept. of Professional and Occupation Regulation.
DPOR : Report a Licensee
If you put your mouse over "Boards" you'll see Contractors listed.

Is this contractor a member of the Better Business Bureau? File a complaint. You can file a complaint whether they are a member or not.

Did you find this contractor through a site like Angie's List? If so, file a complaint there too. On another thread on this forum (House section I think), a poster indicated that they filed a complaint against an Angie's List contractor and Angie's List paid them off to remove the complaint. I had never of that before.

I am sorry that you are in this mess. Good luck fixing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top