Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 18,834 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving in march and wanted some info and opinions of the area. We have two small kids so safety is a big concern, and we have no first hand knowledge of the area to begin house hunting any opinions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,958,783 times
Default Moving near Langley

I would be happy to answer. What price range are you considering?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 AM

22 posts, read 93,447 times
My family lives right outside Langley. The Riverdale housing area is the "perfect" place for family atmosphere. You can be as involved or uninvolved in the community as you choose to. The neighborhood has won awards for beauty, the churches hold community events, the schools have drives and fund raisers. There's a community pool and shopping is only a few minutes up the street. There are bike trails and the school playgrounds are open year round. The crime rate is very low - almost non-existent and there are many police and teachers throughout the neighborhood. There's a good mixture of culture also. There are people from different races and backgrounds. So for the most part Riverdale has my vote. (Note there is a riverdale down the street that is not the same neighborhood, that riverdale is an apartment complex not the housing area. If you ask for Riverdale, many people think you are reffering to the housing area behind the apartments. The housing area I'm referring to is between LaSalle Ave, Mercury Blvd, and I beleive Armstead. If you are driving down Charlton Drive, you're in the right neighborhood.

(and houses have varied prices so you can usually find something nice). My dad works in DC though He used to work at Langley when I still lived there with them. It's less than five minutes from the main gate.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 18,834 times
Thank you for the replies. Mr. Williamsburg we are hoping to stay under $250k. However, we would like to have some space, 1600 sqft or larger, preferably 4BR and 2bath. We prefer to be away from the water as well. Velvet-T, thanks for your response as well. We will take a look at that area online and investigate it further when we arrive.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:14 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,516,486 times
Hampton was named an all-american city a few years back. I used to live near the base on the york county/hampton line. if you want under 250k in york good luck. In hampton, the closer you are to the york county line the better. this area is very clean and established. and you can get the base in a hurry if need be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia