U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 03:07 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,111,729 times

Advertisements

I have heard some folks say that Partlow is not a desirable area to live in within Spotsylvania if you are not from there. I have lived a few miles north of there for at least 10 years and things have been ok with an exception or two.

Is it true? The most that I hear about it is that it is "a whole different world" and folks like to 4 wheel over there. They love to 4 wheel over here too and while I don't really like it, not sure what the difference would be.

I found a nice house down there on several acres which seems pretty nice.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 04:32 AM

6,550 posts, read 10,819,662 times
I really don't know that area well enough to comment but I have found people who make comments like that are usually pretty ignorant or biased for some reason. When we were looking out here in Shenandoah County to move from NOVA I had several people try and tell me to be careful as they are plenty of rednecks and so on out here in Shenandoah who love shooting their guns all the time. I found the complete opposite and we've found our little slice of heaven. Yes, little more poverty out here in pockets but plenty of middle and upper middle class out here as well. We've found the locals here to be very welcoming from day one. The farmers, business folks and so on. I'd check out the neighborhood where you're looking but decide for yourself and not based on someone's very unlikely uneducated info.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:16 PM

1,824 posts, read 2,578,182 times
Bigfoot makes a lot of sense. I think you will find what you want to find. Partlow is just the east side of Lake Anna so there may some influence from there, or a place to go. One thing to remember, you are out in the middle of nowhere. If thatís what you want, itís great. Iím in western Spotsy and there are times I love it and times I wished services were closer as itís a minimum of 15 minutes to Food Lion or 30-45 minute to Fredericksburg,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or