Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM

593 posts, read 2,439,353 times

Advertisements

The weekday afternoons are prime. Ever try weekday mornings? They are great for getting a ton of rides in while the non-morning people are still at their hotels!

Had you thought about taking your boys to one of the summer night concerts? Since you already have tickets to the park, they are included free.

I was talking to another City-Data member about the Rick Springfield show, and I learned that parents were taking their kids to these to "teach 'em about classic rock." Hilarious, but true. Every kid needs a little exposure to some good classic rock at some point in their childhood. Haha

Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,976,101 times
We actually took them to see Rick Springfield at BG He was suprisingly good. Lot's of 30 and 40 something females were there re _ living the 80's and introducing their children to his music.My kids loved it. We will see what Charlie Daniels is like on Sunday We go to BG in the late afternoon on weekdays. People are usually leaving at this time. It starts to cool down as the sun sets and the lines for the rides are normally short or non existent. I am sending this from a mobile phone so sorry for any typos.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM

593 posts, read 2,439,353 times
Gotta love those 80's concerts at BGW! Did you know that this guy is playing on Aug. 16-17? Guess who he is...

Peter Frampton!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 PM

6 posts, read 38,343 times
I live in western VA, and actually got a Fun Pass for the first time this past summer. It was definately worth it! The park is gorgeous! My son is 3 and he could've stayed all day in The Land of the Dragons. Quick note if you go next year, pack your lunch and eat at your car. Especially with the large family. Get the reusable drink cup for the $8 or whatever it is and a refill is a buck or so. You can use the cup year after year. Even though my son was 3 1/2 when we went, I pushed him in the stroller til we got through the gates and I didn't pay for him. It's a total ripoff to have to pay such a high price for a kid who can only ride maybe a dozen things. I will definately get him a pass next year though. Land of the Dragons has a wading pool type area the kids can play in so take swimsuits for the young ones. The train can take you around the park to the different countries.... use it!!!! You won't wear out so soon. The shows are fabulous and included with the price of admission... even the summer concert series is included. As far as being family friendly I like it alot more than Kings Dominion. Good luck & hope to see you there is 2009!

P.S. When you go the first time you may want to go with another family who is familiar with the park. That definately helps!!

Old 09-23-2008, 04:53 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,976,101 times
Zax Mom,
Wasn't sure if you had seen this.
Next year at Busch Gardens should be a lot more fun for your son. Sesame Street will open there in 2009, adding an all-new village adjacent to the England section of the park. Four new rides offer kid-size versions of popular attractions, including a junior roller coaster and log flume, wet and dry play areas with net-and-rope climbs, Globe Theatre will feature a new 4-D movie "Sesame Street presents Lights, Camera, Imagination!".
On another note we bring food into the park in a backpack. Even though they search bags at the entrance no one says anything...

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 AM

973 posts, read 3,304,112 times
Busch Gardens is pricey so look for discount coupons.
Consider a "two for one" opportunity right now. Meaning....."Hal-O-Scream" is going on at BG right now. This gives you a chance to enjoy the Halloween decorations, mazes, haunted houses, etc....at the park, along with the regular rides. "Hal-O-Scream" is lots of fun and very popular with the locals so try it out. You'll get the most bang for your buck if you can stay all day and see all the attractions.

If you go, plan your day there carefully and you can avoid the worst of the lines. Go to their website and read about the attractions and figure out which ones that you don't want to miss. Make a list, download a park map from the website and plan on going to those rides or attractions first thing. Make sure to arrive at the park EARLY. You will spend 30 minutes in the line at the gate also, so allow plenty of time.

If you can stand to wear a small backpack, consider carrying some light snacks, bottled water, etc...with you because the food it expensive. Maybe each family member can wear their own fanny pack and carry their own snacks. If you want to eat in the park, check out the Italian eatery in the Italian section of the park. Good food!

Have fun!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM

290 posts, read 1,159,197 times
I lived about 10-15 minutes from Busch Gardens in Newport News, Had a fun pass, and had a blast there a couple of times. Great rides, even better setting (very natural), and I believe it was voted most beautiful theme park in the country. If I had the season pass, I would definitely be attending Hal-O-SCREAM as we speak!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia