U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 09:56 PM

196 posts, read 576,243 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I keep hearing of all the places in VA where people are rude.

I would like to know where in VA are people the most friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 AM

219 posts, read 711,325 times
I am finding that as well. I have posted on a few forums and no one wants to help. I have even sent in resumes and I get rude comments back. Not really wanting to help. I have found so many other states that help open handed.

At first, I thought maybe there wasn't any interent out there and no one could respond to post(s). Now, I am thinking it's more they just don't want to help.

I have found this problem in three foums now. Kinda sad how people are.

Last edited by DRvortec; 08-27-2008 at 09:50 AM..

Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM

3,508 posts, read 12,139,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvortec View Post
I am finding that as well. I have posted on a few forums and no one wants to help. I have even sent in resumes and I get rude comments back. Not really wanting to help. I have found so many other states that help open handed.

At first, I thought maybe there wasn't any interent out there and no one could respond to post(s). Now, I am thinking it's more they just don't want to help.

I have found this problem in three foums now. Kinda sad how people are.
Please post in the forum relative to where you are looking for information. It may be that forum regulars do not have the information you are looking for. I find this alot with people posting questions about northern virginia in the Roanoke forum.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 PM

219 posts, read 711,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Please post in the forum relative to where you are looking for information. It may be that forum regulars do not have the information you are looking for. I find this alot with people posting questions about northern virginia in the Roanoke forum.
They are in the right area Maybe you can shed some light? While your not in those areas. I can chim in all areas in my state just form living here, maybe not as well as locals. But most people have a rough idea of most of their surroundings.

Keep me posted.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Come on people. Lots of posts about rude areas of VA. Where are the polite areas? Once I get that information then I can check out the towns.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:53 PM

30 posts, read 69,504 times
Come on now--this should be obvious. The "southern" part of Virginia ends somewhere between Roanoke and NoVa, although I'm not sure where. I grew up in SW Va and have spent most of my life there and in Blacksburg and Roanoke. I've never noticed any issue with the people in those places. I've also spent a little time in Lynchburg and found it very pleasant. OTOH, I've spent a little time in NoVa and found the people pretty obnoxious on the average. I went to undergrad at Virginia Tech with lots of NoVa and Maryland folks and they were mostly pretty obnoxious.

I guess I don't know if it's a North-South thing or a big city - small town thing, though. I haven't spent enough time in Richmond and Norfolk to judge those areas either way.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 PM

Hey DBDavis.

So Blacksburg and Roanoke areas are friendly I take it?

I am looking to get another house but I need a very friendly area. VA has some gorgeous scenery but without nice people it just would not be to fun.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM

30 posts, read 69,504 times
I like those areas and have never noticed any problem with the locals being rude or obnoxious. Of course this is on the average. I'm sure one could find obnoxious people anywhere.

Bburg is awesome because it's a very nice college town. When VT is out of session (like 4-4.5 months/year), the town is at least half empty. That means no lines, no waiting anywhere.

Roanoke is much larger, but still a small city. It has more places to work, etc. than Bburg.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:36 PM

5,183 posts, read 13,306,027 times
Almost everyone is friendly--until they hit the Interstate! Then, watch out! It's everyone for themselves!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,880,134 times
Everyone I have met in Bristol, Abingdon, and Christiansburg are warm and friendly people. I literally have not met a rude or unfriendly person in any of these towns - and I go 3 or 4 times per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or