Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 AM

105 posts, read 351,978 times

Advertisements

I hear there is a predicted shortfall in the next two years. Is Tim Kaine responsible for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
I would lay a lot of blame with him and the rest with the legislators of the General Assembly. One of their stupidest mistakes was the reckless driving "fee". It cost our government 3-4 TIMES the amount of money to collect as they were collecting! It was an absolute travesty money-wise. Not to mention, they gave back all of the money they had collected in the first place!

Our Legislators are absolutely stupid and every single one needs to be voted out! For almost every issue, they split into republican and democrats - then play the cootie game. If a democrat brings a bill in, the republicans will get it shot down... and vice-versa. Nothing has been done, and frankly, it makes me sick.

Not to jump too far off topic, but do you realize that because of their antics, we haven't had a proper transportation budget since 2006?

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,072,760 times
I am no fan of our governer but the bulk of the blame has to lie with our state legislaters. I am tired every year of the enitre session being wasted on moral issues and the key items like a budget has to be addressed in a special session. These sessions usually are a rush with people voting yes just so they can go home.

Some other thoughts to ponder:

What happened to the surplus we had after Governer Warner got the largest tax increase then a surplus vice shortage was realized?

Can't a politician vote on whats right rather than their "parties position" as Kuharai said above?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 AM

105 posts, read 351,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I would lay a lot of blame with him and the rest with the legislators of the General Assembly. One of their stupidest mistakes was the reckless driving "fee". It cost our government 3-4 TIMES the amount of money to collect as they were collecting! It was an absolute travesty money-wise. Not to mention, they gave back all of the money they had collected in the first place!

Our Legislators are absolutely stupid and every single one needs to be voted out! For almost every issue, they split into republican and democrats - then play the cootie game. If a democrat brings a bill in, the republicans will get it shot down... and vice-versa. Nothing has been done, and frankly, it makes me sick.

Not to jump too far off topic, but do you realize that because of their antics, we haven't had a proper transportation budget since 2006?

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

The reckless driving fee is so absurd, I could not believe it when I heard it was passed. I mean dont these government officials shiver when the elections come around, I will vote against anyone who helped put that stupid law into effect.

Alot of changes need to be made and soon.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,655,322 times
Wall Street and related businesses.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!
Agreed. Thank God that in 09 we can vote someone better in.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM

100 posts, read 335,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger74 View Post
Wall Street and related businesses.

agree to a point there, the cost of EVERYTHING has jumped and the tax dollars revenue coming in just doesnt seem to of caught up .....doubt it does, cant blame all in power cause this was going to happen no matter what. every state, city, county in the usa is having the same problems just like after 9-11....... our county and our neighbor county are having the same problems

Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,448,259 times
Let's also add in when VDOT totally screwed up the interstate by NOT putting in a drainage system. Short cuts cost the excavation and rebuilding a boat full of money that had to come from some place to make up for what wasn't done in the first place.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:32 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
Our state government SPENDS too much-- they take in PLENTY of tax dollars, and spend more than they have. There.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:52 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdale.35 View Post
The reckless driving fee is so absurd, I could not believe it when I heard it was passed. I mean dont these government officials shiver when the elections come around, I will vote against anyone who helped put that stupid law into effect.

Alot of changes need to be made and soon.
Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: