U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 10:14 PM

15 posts, read 43,825 times

Advertisements

Bigfoot424, Amen to that! Immaturity and lack of real knowledge about Tidewater in general!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 10:17 PM

Evan83, if you live in Germany, what the h do you even know about VA?! Troll for sure!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 PM

meghan757, excuse me I have been in Ghent at night. You don't know WHAT you're talking about!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 AM

7,959 posts, read 9,695,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop80 View Post
Artsywoman, you are very condescending! Everyone I have encountered loves living in Tidewater! There are some VERY affluent areas the "further south you go". Did you know that D.C. not any of the other cities in VA was on the list of most dangerous cities to live in in 2014? By your post, I bet you didn't!
Quote:
Sour.Amaretto, I agree with some of what you said but if you have ever been to Ghent in Norfolk or to MacArthur Center you would know that Norfolk has some really nice places and yes, I would not live in South Norfolk but Great Bridge in Chesapeake where I live is very nice so don't generalize about Tidewater please!
Quote:
Bigfoot424, Amen to that! Immaturity and lack of real knowledge about Tidewater in general!
Quote:
Evan83, if you live in Germany, what the h do you even know about VA?! Troll for sure!
Quote:
meghan757, excuse me I have been in Ghent at night. You don't know WHAT you're talking about!
Carrottop80 - As you can see, you can reply to many different posts within one post. You do not have to make six separate posts all on the exact same topic.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:14 PM

6,384 posts, read 3,347,901 times
This is a really disturbing thread
It makes the majority of VA sound like a crime-infested ghetto with only a few bright spots.
According to this thread the majority NE coastal section is ghetto, Richmond the Capitol is mostly ghetto and your life is at risk driving through it, the middle south part of VA in Danville area is to be avoided at all cost, and the whole SWVA is full of meth-cooking hillbillies, illiterate rednecks, and racists.

And the NOVA people are so embarrassed about their state, they have to say they are from D.C. Area.
Who would ever want to move to VA after reading this thread??? Is the majority of the state really this bad???
Geesh......I need a shower.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 AM

998 posts, read 881,426 times
There seem to be quite a few folks on these threads who do not have a firm grasp on reality and get off on butchering areas they have never been to. Virginia is a beautiful, vibrant, cosmopolitan state, you have to actually, physically EXPERIENCE it.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:36 AM

998 posts, read 881,426 times
google Virginia Living Magazine, Coastal VA mag or Richmond mag and read them

Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 AM

279 posts, read 279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It makes the majority of VA sound like a crime-infested ghetto with only a few bright spots.
According to this thread the majority NE coastal section is ghetto, Richmond the Capitol is mostly ghetto and your life is at risk driving through it, the middle south part of VA in Danville area is to be avoided at all cost, and the whole SWVA is full of meth-cooking hillbillies, illiterate rednecks, and racists.

And the NOVA people are so embarrassed about their state, they have to say they are from D.C. Area.
Who would ever want to move to VA after reading this thread??? Is the majority of the state really this bad???
I guess some of what you said caught my attention, and then reading 99% of the other threads was an eye opener of sorts. An eye opener to the fact that like every other metro area there's unfavourable areas to live. I've never been to Richmond, Roanoke, or NoVa for multiple reasons. I bought land in the hills where the "meth cookers" are and found some enjoyment in the quieter lifestyles of the hill folk. Most of them keep to themselves, but thankfully the ones I met are extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. Which in this day and age is a bright spot in my opinion. I lost my canuck accent shortly after I moved to Ohio, and can easily be looked at as a local, perhaps that's why everyone's friendly...
My cabin is broken into every year, but not much is stolen as I've learned not to keep valuables on hand, so I just replace the broken door and move on.
The most shocking part are the guns everyone has in the hills. I've never been used to seeing them in the open and never owned one myself, and still don't. I feel safe I guess... Most say they carry them incase they see a copperhead so they can kill it. That's fine with me.
I like the part of Virginia I'm in, and would openly say to others to "come for a visit, and sit a spell".
Heck, some of my "meth cooking" neighbors in the hills around the High knob may stop by to say hello. Then we can all sit and enjoy some shine that my other neighbors have dropped by to sample.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,479 times
Virginia beach is the worst!!!!! Dont ever move here.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:41 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,525,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

The vast majority of the land area in VA feels nearly vacant. It is sparsely populated outside of NoVA, Richmond, and Tidewater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia