U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM

358 posts, read 1,319,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
So we can agree Newport News holds that tittle for worst overall city in the state? (with everything considered)..I believe so!
whatever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 PM

208 posts, read 1,131,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
So we can agree Newport News holds that tittle for worst overall city in the state? (with everything considered)..I believe so!
No, im sorry but you are mistaken. Ashburn is the crime capital of Virginia. Ashburn is gangster, you dont want to drive round da farms at night, it's dangerous round durr.

You obviously have never been to Northern Virginia or you would think differently about Nawthern Viginiee Baa. do you know what the skyline looks like thurr? Take a look at the overcrowding problems that have in return been the responsibility of multiple murders.

Last edited by 01va571; 03-26-2009 at 09:07 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM

290 posts, read 1,042,841 times
sarcasm on everyone's part? im confused..

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM

159 posts, read 477,552 times
Somebody can commit any crime in any city regardless of anything. If you dont act like an idiot and keep yourself out those types of situations your fine. Very rarely will you get shot on the street for the hell of it. This is Virginia, not Detroit.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley89 View Post
Somebody can commit any crime in any city regardless of anything. If you dont act like an idiot and keep yourself out those types of situations your fine. Very rarely will you get shot on the street for the hell of it. This is Virginia, not Detroit.
yup.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:19 AM

100 posts, read 301,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Beaches View Post
We're all different with different opinions. That's for sure. I couldn't live on the eastern shore due to it being Hicksville in my book. But we know people who lived in a not-so-nice area of Hampton in a town house who built a house on the ES. The hickest I could live would be Carrollton.
woowee thanks....always thought of us as small but never hicksville, its folks like your friends that have flocked here buying up over priced land building houses and causing the locals to suffer higher taxes and the young people not to be able to afford to stay here unless their family helps them out. Sure I hate it here but thats cause come heres are snotty looking down on all the locals as noneducated hicks. which is simply not so. Sure we have that type but doesnt every area???

We are one of if not the bottom of the totem poll when it comes to poverty here and low incomes. Well geez wonder why?? county officals make nearly the same as northern va officals, county government here is running on blank checks building new everything and the sheriff gets hundreds of thosands for new cars every year or two. while our schools lag behind and have to shut down the one and only middle school.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 11,590 times
I lived not far from Danville...And lets not be confused,Anything south of
Fredricksburg and west of Richmond.Has Higher Crime rates,Depressed
economy,Very little entertainment....The cost of living isn't much less than Northern Virginia...Actually besides housing cost...Daily living was cheaper for me.And Danville and Martinsville are leading the way for a lower quality of life in S.W Virginia...I would advise no one to move there...Trust me I
Lived there...It's not pleasent Mayberry....It's a textile wastland.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:55 AM

11 posts, read 45,658 times
Petersburg has the highest crime stats right now

Old 04-10-2009, 05:33 PM

345 posts, read 894,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01va571 View Post
No, im sorry but you are mistaken. Ashburn is the crime capital of Virginia. Ashburn is gangster, you dont want to drive round da farms at night, it's dangerous round durr.

You obviously have never been to Northern Virginia or you would think differently about Nawthern Viginiee Baa. do you know what the skyline looks like thurr? Take a look at the overcrowding problems that have in return been the responsibility of multiple murders.
Is this picture FOR REAL???? This looks like a hovel in South America!!! (Didn't mean to insult South America but there are terrible areas in different countries there...)

Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceivedinKY51 View Post
Is this picture FOR REAL???? This looks like a hovel in South America!!! (Didn't mean to insult South America but there are terrible areas in different countries there...)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's a picture of Mumbai India LMFAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia