U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM

22 posts, read 54,937 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I am a single 23yo man from the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado, and may be moving for a job in Springfield, VA.

So I have been looking at apartments around that area, I am willing to spend around $1000 to $1800 on a one to two bedroom apartment (obviously cheaper is preferred).

I would really only want up to a 30 minute commute, however I also want to be somewhat near a metro as I plan on exploring the museums and such.

I would love to be close to a park as I like to bicycle and hope to get a dog soon.

Safety is most important to me and I have been looking in the Alexandria/Arlington area is this a good area or should I be looking elsewhere?

Also if anyone knows of any good Christ following churches in the area (I have a baptist upbringing) I would greatly appreciate the reference.

Thanks,
- Legit

Almost forgot: I like cake more, but pie is also good depending on the type and who made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 04:28 PM

22 posts, read 54,937 times
So to get things started, how about these apartments:

Archstone Columbia Crossing: Archstone Columbia Crossing - 1957 Columbia Pike | Apartments.com

Archstone Springfield Station: Archstone¬*Springfield Station¬*in Alexandria | Archstone Apartments

The Tuscany Apartments: The Tuscany | Alexandria Virginia | Luxury Apartments

Any other suggestions?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM

3,155 posts, read 8,095,633 times
Most of Alexandria/Arlington is safe, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. There are a couple of parts of southwest Arlington and northern Alexandria that should be avoided but you don't seem to be looking in those areas anyway. I would live pretty close to Springfield if I were you, though, since traffic around that area can be bad. I wouldn't live all the way up in Arlington unless you find a place you really love, although you would at least have a reverse commute from there.

Archstone Springfield Station is very close to the Metro which is nice. Some people consider the area around the Springfield Mall to be a little shady, but I've never felt unsafe there.

Tuscany is in a decent area as well, but it's not really easy walking distance from Metro- probably about an 8 minute drive or bus ride. When I was apartment hunting, I looked at Cascade at Landmark, which was right near Tuscany, but cheaper. It seemed nice. Maybe also take a look at Sullivan Place, which is at the Edsall Rd. exit of 395. That's where I ended up moving to and I like it here. Very quick drive to Springfield from here as well.

As for bike trails/parks around here, Lake Accotink is very popular with the dog-owner crowd, and there are bike trails along Holmes Run and along Eisenhower Ave. to Carlyle.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM

8,106 posts, read 12,646,226 times
Well, the Archstone Springfield came to my mind before I saw your link. Where would the job be in Springfield? You would have almost no commute, and they are right across from the Metro station and are at the FFX County Parkway and 95/395. They are also close to Kingstowne.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM

3,155 posts, read 8,095,633 times
Oh also I think you would get more responses if you post on the Northern Virginia forum. That's where most of the posters near Springfield hang out.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:43 PM

380 posts, read 951,481 times
legit-i will take the church question first, several non denominational churches which seem close to some baptist teachings are in the area-Immanual Bible Church on the corner of Backlick and Braddock Roads and Burke Community Church on Old Keene Mill Road next to the Fairfax County Parkway are two recommends.
Now for neighborhoods in Springfield, I can only recommend those which I have friends residing therein-all are within a short driving distance of the Springfield Metro station-Daventry, Rolling Valley, West Springfield Estates, Cardinal Forest, and Keene Mill Station, and Keene Mill. Cardinal Forest and Daventry are adjacent to either the cross county trail for biking and dog walking.
Good hunting for a home. As for Springfield Mall area-it is okay, some trouble crime wise-but the area is reportedly about to undergo major revitalization or at least it was until economy tanked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or