U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 15,293 times

Advertisements

Page County!!!!

In the shadows of the Shenandoah National, Page County is one of if not the most corrupted County in Virginia. No managment what so ever.

You always have to deal with the everlasting stinch of Chicken s***.

We have the most hateful people living here. They would rather jump off a cliff then speak and say Hi.

City slickers thinks its a dream to move to places like this. A. its not, B. We don't want you.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 PM

61 posts, read 327,269 times
I hate the fact you would ever say anything like that about shenandoah county like that . I moved from that area many years ago during the national park expansion. My family ended up losing our home. I Hated the goverment for years, but they did treat us right money wise and there is a great need to preserve the mountain and wildlife. My parents and I moved to chicago and areas around it, I lived in n.w. indiana, and now in arizona. so from the east coast mountains life to the great plains with the city life to the corn fields, now the desert of the west coast mountains. I have been all over this country and lived all over looking for the same felling as when i lived in the shenandoah mountains. People come to the area for the beauty and you should be proud of it. People love it there because the community shows a life style of small towns and friendliness. I have been away from what i call home for years. Now I am married and with my own family we are looking for better then were we are now. I told my wife about virginia and my life as a kid there. Of course she didn't believe me until we went on vacation there for a couple of weeks. My wife has lived in chicago, indiana, arizonia, and has never seen an area anything like the shenandoah area. The first thing she said to me was "she said hi to me", this was some lady in the luray walmart(not an employee). Every where we went was very nice people that went out of there way to greet and help.

I may never be able to move back because homes are out ragest out there in prices and jobs are still few to none. roanoke on the other hand is close to shenandoah and has jobs. This is where we are thinking of going so we will have a good life again and my kids will learn about history from sight instead of books. Virginia is history every where you go.

People love your area because shenandoah loves people and it's area.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:56 AM

4 posts, read 66,106 times
Default Growing

The area where I live is growing fast. Businesses moving in and many new family homes. Stephens City is finally becoming a part of the map. Winchester, too has grown and will continue to grow. Jobs are not few to none any more.
Unfortunately I will have to sell my mobile home and move to another part of this great country to be near family but I shall think fondly of this part of Virginia and all the wonderful people I have been fortunate enough to meet and get to know.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:55 PM

30 posts, read 142,497 times
Fairfax is by far the worst...No open space at all, the county has totally choked itself to death with overdevelopment, awful roads, and outrageous home prices.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 AM

3 posts, read 15,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova
I hate the fact you would ever say anything like that about shenandoah county like that . I moved from that area many years ago during the national park expansion. My family ended up losing our home. I Hated the goverment for years, but they did treat us right money wise and there is a great need to preserve the mountain and wildlife. My parents and I moved to chicago and areas around it, I lived in n.w. indiana, and now in arizona. so from the east coast mountains life to the great plains with the city life to the corn fields, now the desert of the west coast mountains. I have been all over this country and lived all over looking for the same felling as when i lived in the shenandoah mountains. People come to the area for the beauty and you should be proud of it. People love it there because the community shows a life style of small towns and friendliness. I have been away from what i call home for years. Now I am married and with my own family we are looking for better then were we are now. I told my wife about virginia and my life as a kid there. Of course she didn't believe me until we went on vacation there for a couple of weeks. My wife has lived in chicago, indiana, arizonia, and has never seen an area anything like the shenandoah area. The first thing she said to me was "she said hi to me", this was some lady in the luray walmart(not an employee). Every where we went was very nice people that went out of there way to greet and help.

I may never be able to move back because homes are out ragest out there in prices and jobs are still few to none. roanoke on the other hand is close to shenandoah and has jobs. This is where we are thinking of going so we will have a good life again and my kids will learn about history from sight instead of books. Virginia is history every where you go.

People love your area because shenandoah loves people and it's area.

Uh, move to Page County for 1 year. Just 1, and your head will spin with the stupidity and ignorance that make up the local goverment. 1 minor thing that comes to mind is a Chicken plant that was closed down. Some women bought it and offered it to the Town of Stanley for free. The town did'nt want it, so what do they do? They decided to buy it from her, which they have yet to do. Its idiotic and moronic things like this that make this county up. I could go on for 20 pages listing all the stupid things they do. And that would be just a months worth.

Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 6,919 times
I have lived in this area for 20 years or more and you have to go with the flow here or get lost in the crowd.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:57 AM

1,723 posts, read 5,142,120 times
mf12283, are you just jealous that you can't afford to live in Fairfax? Fairfax has one of the best park systems in the country, with huge amounts of preserved open space. We also happen to have the best schools and the most highly desirable real estate in the entire state.

I agree that Page County is a horrible place. I would also add Shenandoah County to that list for the sheer rudeness of the people there.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 AM

146 posts, read 767,840 times
Default Fairfax

I vote for Fairfax too. It sucks here. The traffic alone makes it the worst, and the smug obnoxious people are just icing on the cake.
Quote:
mf12283, are you just jealous that you can't afford to live in Fairfax? Fairfax has one of the best park systems in the country, with huge amounts of preserved open space. We also happen to have the best schools and the most highly desirable real estate in the entire state.
Huge amounts of preserved open space? You mean the parking lots?
Best schools? You people and your schools...
I'm glad you like it, tarp. One man's trash is truly another's treasure.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 AM

566 posts, read 2,757,106 times
Doesn't Fairfax have the largest gang population in NOVA too?

Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 AM

146 posts, read 767,840 times
If by gangs you mean "jerks," for sure!
Honestly, Fairfax has got to be way safer than Richmond, Petersburg, or the Norfolk area, to name a few. Two of my sisters live in Richmond in the four-block-wide area where the murders and robberies don't occur. Don't ask me why...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or